Second Skin Audio

WTB: 6" Aero Ports

VIPmeetSPL

It will be cheaper to go to lowes and get them there. 14 bucks a POP for 24in long pipes. And from there flare it.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

If you want to try to make your own Aeros, check this out: http://www.subwoofer-builder.com/flares-25mm.htm http://www.subwoofer-builder.com/flares-25mm-mold.htm

Also, to find out what the port's length would be after flaring the pipe simply measure up the pipe about 8 inches and mark that point, then flare it, and measure it again to find out how much you lose in the flaring process.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

what about home made vs. precision ports?

If you do it right there shouldnt be a difference. It's all in the quality of YOUR work.

You can go pick up some cheap 2"-4" pipe and practice flaring. That's what I did. Or you could make some fiberglass 8" ones.

what about home made vs. precision ports?

There are useable velocity differences. On average a home made port may be 10-15% less efficient than a manufactured one, due to a combination of the fact that a home made flared port opening cannot reach the same flare radius as one that was made from melted plastic poured into a mold, and the fact that PVC has a different inside diameter.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Archived