world finals dodge stratus trunk build

so... your using 2 "wet" batts in the tire well, of which are not matching, and dont appear to be secured down or vented either... Also, doesnt appear that any deadner was used, or anything.. :unknw:

That is the new way to get loud, you didn't get that memo? :pardon:

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

I'm staying tuned. I'm driving a 2nd gen stratus/sebring and I'm also part of another forum called stratusphere which is specifically for the 95-00 stratus/breeze/cirrus. I used to own one of these also. I looks like a great build, but I do have to agree with the other guys about your deadner. Where is it? You would gain alot just by installing some.

Looks interesting, where did u get that kreg?

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

so... your using 2 "wet" batts in the tire well, of which are not matching, and dont appear to be secured down or vented either... Also, doesnt appear that any deadner was used, or anything.. :unknw:

That is the new way to get loud, you didn't get that memo? :pardon:

damn it, no I didnt..... can you re-send it please :)

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

ok first of all the car has vents in the wheel well, second dont need no deadner that stuff is for birds when your doing this kind of build. forward firing subs and port. i seen 150 with zero deadner and 160 plus with none anyone says that retarded. at end there will be 4 what you call wet battery aka car battery 3 in tire well one on side. there are at least 3 hole in bottom of car.

kreg are sold at lows for 20 buck for one i got nicer once are more but this all you need.

1996 dodge stratus

audiopipe 3k

2 15 american bass xds

10 door speakers threw out car

kenwood head unit.

spl scores from trunk: 147.7db on 2k

extreme out side window-129.2db

kaos 3 min average music-138.3db

Did you paint your amp, or buy it like that?

The heat sinks for those audiopipes are behind the little grills down the sides of them amp, the need to not be covered in paint in order to work effectively.

the guy had painted amp flat black not me. i got dirt cheap because of this. dont bother me any cuz still puts out same power does what i need it to do. the holes are not covered just hard to see them in the pic but they are there

1996 dodge stratus

audiopipe 3k

2 15 american bass xds

kenwood head unit.

Youd be amazing that even a layer of deadener can increase scores by full numbers not by decimals! I used to run a pair of 12's fired in cab and thought the same, eh I wont need deadener its firing in cab, WRONG!!! I lost an incredible amount of pressure just due to vibration. That subtle vibration can effect air movement just enough to drop you full numbers, not just a fraction! I went from the 145-146db @ 46hz, to adding a layer of deadener and throwing a couple cans of foam to hitting a 149.3 all on only 2k rms!

So hitting 150-160, without using deadener is a helluva a lot harder, but also has got to sound like ass, due to the extreme panel vibration. But like every install, its up to the owner/installer on where to spend their money.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Youd be amazing that even a layer of deadener can increase scores by full numbers not by decimals! I used to run a pair of 12's fired in cab and thought the same, eh I wont need deadener its firing in cab, WRONG!!! I lost an incredible amount of pressure just due to vibration. That subtle vibration can effect air movement just enough to drop you full numbers, not just a fraction! I went from the 145-146db @ 46hz, to adding a layer of deadener and throwing a couple cans of foam to hitting a 149.3 all on only 2k rms!

So hitting 150-160, without using deadener is a helluva a lot harder, but also has got to sound like ass, due to the extreme panel vibration. But like every install, its up to the owner/installer on where to spend their money.

i know what your saying but sound deadner at high hrz is another story. guy doing 160.8 on 4 battery stock alt and 8 aq 2200 on 4 18 incriminator death p in astro no sound deadner at all it flex like crazy and stuff but i can say not many people out there can do what he is doing without alot years spl. i done 147.7 already in my trunk on 2k and no deadner.

my rear is foamed in back and trunk lid and bed coated. i seen guy do 150.1 at 42 hrz with no deadner and dropped money for deadner didnt go up at all. it all depends on car and build.

1996 dodge stratus

audiopipe 3k

2 15 american bass xds

kenwood head unit.

Did you paint your amp, or buy it like that?

The heat sinks for those audiopipes are behind the little grills down the sides of them amp, the need to not be covered in paint in order to work effectively.

the guy had painted amp flat black not me. i got dirt cheap because of this. dont bother me any cuz still puts out same power does what i need it to do. the holes are not covered just hard to see them in the pic but they are there

In an SPL install, I can see how the paint wouldn't matter because you're only using it for <10 seconds at a time.

But if you plan on doing any amount of daily playing, that black is gonna insulate and absorb a fuck ton of heat.

I know you said you were going to run fans, but I'd still try to remove the paint.

This is just my opinion, so do as you please.

Archived