Sundown Audio

Rf T1500-1bd Personal Experience?

Thewes

At some local car audio shop, a salesman attempted to persuade me that it is 1$ per watt for a good amp, which I'm sure is the usual speech when the shop only stocks JL amps. When he heard my idea of buying 2 Rockford fosgate T1500-1bd's, he pretty much laughed at me and told me rockford quality has dropped. I then tried to inform him that I heard those amps were actually rated lower and put out about 1600-1700 watts. He promptly ignored me and went on with trying to sell me the JL 1000/1s, stating that their voltage output is rated 12-16 or some bullshit that I ignorantly didn't listen to. My question is, are the T1500-1bd's good amps? Is this voltage shit really important? Help me out, thanks.

teamsundown-1.jpg

At some local car audio shop, a salesman attempted to persuade me that it is 1$ per watt for a good amp, which I'm sure is the usual speech when the shop only stocks JL amps. When he heard my idea of buying 2 Rockford fosgate T1500-1bd's, he pretty much laughed at me and told me rockford quality has dropped. I then tried to inform him that I heard those amps were actually rated lower and put out about 1600-1700 watts. He promptly ignored me and went on with trying to sell me the JL 1000/1s, stating that their voltage output is rated 12-16 or some bullshit that I ignorantly didn't listen to. My question is, are the T1500-1bd's good amps? Is this voltage shit really important? Help me out, thanks.

The power series amps are fantastic - my t2000's are rated 2300 and 2500 RMS, and my little t500 is rated close to 1000rms. You're looking at 1600-1800 wrms, maybe higher with luck on that t1500.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Umm... wow. Rockford's quality has DROPPED! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Archived