DC Sound Lab

Got my new sub in!

It took a little longer than expected, ...but it came today!

Lvl 4 12", lvl 5 soft parts, extra spider, inverted dust cap.

Now, ..I still have to figure out what type of enclosure to build. I cant seem to find any good info on it, ..and asking doesnt get answers, either. Im leaning towards 2.5cu ft net, ..with two 4" pvc ports, ...somehow tuned to 34htz.

1314986413636.jpg

1314986473445.jpg

1314986326821.jpg

1314986351188.jpg

And some other goodies, going in the car!

1314941173595.jpg

2.5 cubes after disp's is way too big, aim more for like 1.5-1.75

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

See, ..I read that it should be somewhere around 1.5. When I mentioned that to a couple different people, they said that thats bs, ..its way too small. I talked to a guy running a 3.5 cu box, for one 12"! According to this guy, ..the bigger the box, the louder it will be. I dont understand the concept. I cant find any info, ..on how it works, ..or at least the basics of it.

The car its going in is a SC300 Lexus. The gas tank is in the trunk. So, it will be rear facing. Im using a DD M2a for it. 1 ohm.

This is the car. I called DC, ..and the person I spoke to recommended 1.75 net. And, ..use a 4" round port.

I read somewhere that a flared port is more efficient than a straight one. So, ..Im starting to look for a aero port. Thing is, ..my trunk space is very limited. The port will have to stick out of the box.

img20110827155416.jpg

beautiful lexus bro!!!

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.