Head Unit Wired In Home?

As strange as the title is, I have a quick question. I got myself an alpine w205 just kind of chilling here till Christmas, when I can afford my amps and install it all. Now everyday I just kind of look at it and wonder if its possible to hook it up to some kind of power without blowing the bitch up so I could navigate it and put some music on and such. I would pursue this alone, but the wiring for power alone doesnt look easy at all, so if this is possible, is it even worth it to just see how it is? Sorry its a bit odd, its just too tempting having this baby sit here.

Thanks

teamsundown-1.jpg

got a car battery lyin around?

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

there may be other ways of doin it but thats the only way ive done it.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

As strange as the title is, I have a quick question. I got myself an alpine w205 just kind of chilling here till Christmas, when I can afford my amps and install it all. Now everyday I just kind of look at it and wonder if its possible to hook it up to some kind of power without blowing the bitch up so I could navigate it and put some music on and such. I would pursue this alone, but the wiring for power alone doesnt look easy at all, so if this is possible, is it even worth it to just see how it is? Sorry its a bit odd, its just too tempting having this baby sit here.

Thanks

Well ya got a few options.

1. Use a drycell battery (worst)

2. Go buy two of the large 6v batterys that go into flash lights and wire them in seriese. This will only be if your not playing music from it, just to test it out.

3. Buy a cheap $20 computer power supply from newegg.com and use the 12v molex connector

4. Buy a actual power converter from AC to DV thats meant to handle desecent amp loads such as 30 or 40 amps DC ( best, but most expensive)

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

u can get a power converter from radioshack that will run it good ive got one myself, or u can get a higher amp power converter and a drycell battery n run the cd player n amp off it to if u want to

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

this sorta reminds me of my homie back home. he had a car cd player, speakers, car amps and subs in his house running off of a battery with a car charger hooked up to it. shit was load as hell.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module