Sonic Electronix

Living in the middle of nowhere blows...

So I hate living in the northern US (North Dakota. Whoop whoop /sarcasm) mainly because there is NO good subwoofer competition around here. Prime example: Guy across the street has a Chevy S10 with two 10's pushing 150rms... And he thinks they bump pretty hard. Are you freaking joking? I just want to meet ONE person with a decent stereo around here. My hometown usually has 8 or so people in the annual sound competition... All of which can't break 130db on music. Yeah, the kiddies around here are that sad... with their sealed 10's and 12's. I just wish, for once, I could find a single person around here with a halfway decent setup to just talk/build setups with. Especially with my (hopeful) upcoming wall build (Provided my funds fall through). I think I have to move out of this desert if I want any of that to happen, though. *Sigh* /end rant

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

it sucks in my contry too....most of the people here, wher i live has tuned boxes from 40-80hz and they hits like MAX 140DBs....

and when you tune your box low they kinda starts freakin out...like...WTF is your box tunned soo low??

that suck

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Yeah, I'd love to, but that's hard when most sound comps are a once-or-twice a year type thing in the cities around here. I can't just take off any given weekend and find a sound competiton. Nearest place I'd possibly be able to do that is 8 hours.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

Neither do morons

Pretty much all comps seem to be 5 hours away, unless you live in a big city- and even then, to make other shows- well, they are 5+ hours away too.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

lmao you made my day i have a 2001 ford taurus ive always thought it would be hilarious to put lambo doors on it to.what kinda reactions do you get from people when they see it for the first time?

taurus love :drink40:

Edited by new guy

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

I realize for larger comps, a 5 hour drive is necessary, but literally NOBODY around here seems to know much about car stereos and shit. Nobody seems to have decent setups. It kinda sucks.

And New guy, the reactions I get are pretty mixed. Some people will drive by when I'm workin' on the bull and yell "Nice car!". On the contrary, some people just laugh at it, and then there's people that say it looks nice, but it's still a Taurus (Kind of like the... You can polish a turd, but in the end, it's still a turd kind of thing). Overall, nobody has ever said it looks bad. The worst people think is that it was dumb to put lambo doors on a Taurus....

For $400, I sure as shit won't complain. They make my car stand out from the rest.

Neither do morons

I think a lot of things are if you build it they will come. If you do a really nice build then other folks in your area will probably feel the need to step up their game. Those are the guys to build a community with. In my nephews area all of the folks where kicker rockford and alpine nutthuggers. Nothing wrong with the equipment lots of good stuff there but there are alternatives. For his first build, he used my old Treo 12's and eclipse and zapco amps and blew his buddies away at the quality and opened their eyes to alternatives. Now he has all AQ amps and subs with focal highs and his best friend just got a pair of sundown sa10's and a sax 1200 after owning only Alpine gear. As for shows prob will not happen. We had them in my area back in the 80's and 90's but they have died out now. There are plenty of competitions within a couple of hours from where I live. It only takes one to introduce new ideas and let them spread.

Barstad

So I hate living in the northern US (North Dakota. Whoop whoop /sarcasm) mainly because there is NO good subwoofer competition around here. Prime example: Guy across the street has a Chevy S10 with two 10's pushing 150rms... And he thinks they bump pretty hard. Are you freaking joking? I just want to meet ONE person with a decent stereo around here. My hometown usually has 8 or so people in the annual sound competition... All of which can't break 130db on music. Yeah, the kiddies around here are that sad... with their sealed 10's and 12's. I just wish, for once, I could find a single person around here with a halfway decent setup to just talk/build setups with. Especially with my (hopeful) upcoming wall build (Provided my funds fall through). I think I have to move out of this desert if I want any of that to happen, though. *Sigh* /end rant

What's the highest you've posted on the meter?

Have you given these other people demos of your system?

:)