To chime in with my .02 worth I am a Ford guy and on the farm we run a 350 with an international 7.3L. From the days of working in a repair shop I am a fan of the Cummings engine but not the rest of the truck and especially the tranny. With the Chevy you get an exlellant frame and lets face it the Allison tranny is probably the best on the market. In the long run of heavy use the chevy will probably cost you less in repair. Its a diesel so maintenance is going to be expensive on both. I feel the Cummings engine would run much longer but the truck will nickel and dime you to death. FYI we are about to get a new heavy duty and we are leaning toward the Chevy for the reasons tonedeaf outlined.

Barstad

I like the cummins sound and torque ability, the Allison transmission is nuke proof. I'm staying away from Ford though, not a big fan.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

and for the misinformed there was 4 versions of fords 6.0, each one sucking pretty hard lol, but the last one wasn't bad if you left it stock...

Duramax and cummins are both very solid engines. Cummins has a shit box attached to it. the 03 to 06 5.9 cummins have a shit stock turbo but the 5.9 is very well thought out. 6.7 which my dad just bought one is very quick pulls well. I still do not prefer the auto transmission. Id rather have the manual 6 speed. The duramax is a good truck but they did have some failures in it. Some of the first durmaxs that were in the 90s models werent good at all. The motor was all wrong not meant for what its suppose to be used for. We had better luck hauling heavy things than pulling them. Some durmaxs were great engines. All engines have a flaw It doesnt matter what it is or how big or how small everything has a flaw somewhere. Oh ps I thought vs threads were not allowed!!!

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

I like the cummins sound and torque ability, the Allison transmission is nuke proof. I'm staying away from Ford though, not a big fan.

the duramax will make more power overall(comparable mods) and has more tunablity

Duramax and cummins are both very solid engines. Cummins has a shit box attached to it. the 03 to 06 5.9 cummins have a shit stock turbo but the 5.9 is very well thought out. 6.7 which my dad just bought one is very quick pulls well. I still do not prefer the auto transmission. Id rather have the manual 6 speed. The duramax is a good truck but they did have some failures in it. Some of the first durmaxs that were in the 90s models werent good at all. The motor was all wrong not meant for what its suppose to be used for. We had better luck hauling heavy things than pulling them. Some durmaxs were great engines. All engines have a flaw It doesnt matter what it is or how big or how small everything has a flaw somewhere. Oh ps I thought vs threads were not allowed!!!

duramax wasn't made in the 90s lol

sorry i dont know how to post videos but this shows the two being compared

Thats not what he was asking about and those tests are BULL SHIT! Do you HONESTLY think Chevy would create a test that their truck would lose? Its called marketing. And besides I can 99.99% promise you that they are putting their top of the line Silverado against the lowest level of F-250.

Test like that are for stupid people who fall for marketing ploys.

And fyi, im a Dodge guy, I drive a Ram. So I held no favorites in that "Chevy vs Ford" comparison.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

^^That video is also called "Frame Strength" and they are clearly testing suspension.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Cummins engines make great power and are always reliable even in the coldest temperatures but the stock tranny's are junk. My ram is on it's 3 tranny right now. Duramax is also a great motor but GM's IFS really limits their uses. Just be sure not to buy anything new because all new diesel's suck due to increased emission standards.

Archived