Going to need a new truck soon and I want a full size diesel. Might plow with it, probably not but the option would be nice. Mainly looking for gobs of power, and better fuel economy when I keep my foot out of it. I have friends who have cummins and I have friends with duramax and either side is biased haha. I need pros and cons for both please

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

i work on cummins diesel engines almost daily and i hate the with a firey passion. i constantly need to realign fuel racks, replace gaskets and switches on them. they piss oil and coolant. granted i our engines go under far more abuse than what you will ever put yours through i still think they're garbage

you win some, you lose some

cummins make power for cheap, but the dodge aspect of the truck is subpar. electrical issues, suspension issues ect. the duramax will make alot of power but cost a bit more. the duramax trucks drive better and will yield better gas mileage. my vote goes to the duramax after having worked on both in various year, and engines styles. but I do like the cummins and they sound sweet with good exhaust, but I'd still go with the duramax

pro for cummins its one of the strongest diesel u can get in a pickup truck con for cummins its attached to a shity tranny

dont know much about duramax

I've heard that repeatedly.

I know the first couple years of the D-max had a few problems. They they became fairly bulletproof. I don't know how the ones in the new body style trucks are though since they have all that emissions crap attached.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

cummins make power for cheap, but the dodge aspect of the truck is subpar. electrical issues, suspension issues ect. the duramax will make alot of power but cost a bit more. the duramax trucks drive better and will yield better gas mileage. my vote goes to the duramax after having worked on both in various year, and engines styles. but I do like the cummins and they sound sweet with good exhaust, but I'd still go with the duramax

ehhh im not much of a fan of duramax engines ive seen to many blow up to ever buy one now one thing i would do if i had the cash to do it is get a cummins motor call up allison and have them make a tranny for me and throw it on a ford frame and have one bad mother fucker

sorry i dont know how to post videos but this shows the two being compared

that has absolutely nothing to do with what he was asking he was asking about motors not suspensions

i realize this but if you go to the youtube page it has other videos going over the engine this was just the first video

In that matchup, cummins with a new tranny. Thats what the newer Dmaxs' have against the cummins is the tranny. The newest Dmaxs' are badass, I wouldnt want a past gen though. My main choices would be between the 7.3 pstroke (95-03) or the cummins. The 6.0 Powerstroke is a decent engine but has a shit turbo and a problem with the EGR cooler. Once those problems are fixed its smooth sailing. Of course im talking about up'd enginges. New bean turbo/some stage 3 jectors, 4" back with a 5" tip. OM NOM NOM NOM. Dual 45s ftfw.

Archived