10 000 Watt Kicker Amp

so basically u got 5kw comin out of both sides which splits up the vc's putting a 2 ohm load on each side

so its set up like a one ohm load but its split which makes it 2 ohm

thats where the effieciency comes from aint it?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Man, Maybe Kicker should send me a couple so I can get some hands on learning with it :D

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

What do you mean by the push pull conf do you have more info on how that works?

basically has power applying upward, and a seperate power pulling down, unlike conventional amps always pushing. The power, 3 pos and 3 0 gauge neg's go direct into the power supply.

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

still not entirely sure how it worx

if u can include some diagrams or sumthin that would be cool

if u have to pm me cause i really wanna know

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Patent-Pending Warhorse Revolutionizes Traditional Amplification

November 6, 2007

Stillwater, Okla. -- KICKER engineers have spent years in the electronics lab working to create the ultimate competition piece. What they emerged with was the future in high-end amplification, an undeniable breakthrough in car-audio technology that will leave the mobile electronics industry in awe.

Introducing the WX10000.1, KICKER’s ultimate power play in car audio.

Code name Warhorse, the WX10000.1 Signal-Modulated Subwoofer Amplifier is a massive marvel – more than 10,000* true watts surging to dual-voice-coil subwoofers with the highest power-handling capabilities. Recommended for use with KICKER SoloX Subwoofers, the Warhorse easily summons enough juice to be dangerous, so a complete understanding of the owner’s manual is vital prior to installation.

It’s big, stepping in at just short of a yard long, a foot-and-a-half wide, and weighing nearly 67 pounds. It’s bad, producing more than 10,000 watts while requiring the services of eight 12-volt batteries and two 200-ampere alternators. And it’s more than any one can handle (actually, KICKER recommends that two installers grab drills and mount this monster).

Without doubt, the Warhorse has the size and power, but it also houses a secret under its enormous shroud. The WX10000.1 revolutionizes traditional amplification with its signal-modulated, ultra-high-efficiency design. It amplifies audio signal directly to DVC subwoofers from the patent-pending, signal-modulated power supply, rather than relying on help from amplification circuits found in traditional Class D or Class A/B designs. This results in efficiency ratings unheard of in mobile audio – 90-percent efficiency at a 2-ohm load and 93-percent efficiency at a 4-ohm load at full power.

Warhorse’s features are groundbreaking. Four custom planar transformers that handle 5,000 watts each and help boost efficiency, the latest Texas Instruments® industrial-grade DSP for controlling signal processing and protection circuitry, heavy-duty, solid-copper bus bars for maximizing current capabilities, 50-ampere Anderson™ speaker connectors that provide specific safeguards against extremely high voltage signal… nothing was overlooked in the four-year design process. Add to that the seemingly regular signal-processing features found in all amplifiers, only they’re not so regular on the Warhorse. A 24dB/octave, 50-200Hz low-pass crossover, a 24dB/octave, 20-60Hz high-pass subsonic crossover, a KICKEQ bass boost 0-18dB at 40Hz, input gain control, remote bass level control, adjustable limiter control… KICKER’s managed to cover a lot of ground. But then again, the Warhorse physically provides a lot of ground to cover.

Available separately is the Warhorse Control Module, which allows the user to access the full range of operational possibilities available on the Warhorse Amplifier, and all from a remote location.

KICKER audio systems and SoundGate integration products, divisions of Stillwater Designs and Audio, Inc., are available for the mobile audio aftermarket at authorized dealers worldwide, and also through selected Original Equipment Manufacturers. Consumers needing more information on KICKER, SoundGate, or Livin’ Loud may call the Consumer Information Line at 1-800-256-5425 or visit brand websites at www.kicker.com or www.soundgate.com. * - powered at 2 Ohms, 14.4 volts

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

ha i was right

5000 watts per coil

so basically two mono-block amps tied together then split up between coils

now that is cool

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I saw this amp in person this weekend and it is MASSIVE and IMPRESSIVE. Wish they had it hooked up to something though..... :(

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

you see at it finals?

Yup!, saw you too running around like a mad man helping out team members and the kid with the orange dodge whatever it is.....needed a couple set screws or something!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived