Mechman Alternators

how many amps should i get ?

ok so putting new system in car going to be about 2500 watts rms and i will be using a XS d3400 as primary and audio batter and was wondering how many amps should i get for charging ?

how much stress will be put on my engine with running such a high output ? my stock is 70A and i will be chaging the pullys to a ribbed rather than V belt but how much strain will be put on the engine ? and what would be the bare min of AMP needed ?

220 should get you buy.

Hell a 170 would prob work for you

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

220 should get you buy.

Hell a 170 would prob work for you

was actually thinking about a 170 and now i need to try to find one that will work or see if mechman can take stock alt beef it up and changed to ribbed pulley or find a 170 alt that i can fab to fit !

Edited by michigancapri92

At max load your car and system can pull 280a+. You have to figure that you can't play or draw the max output all the time unless you played one note constantly for minutes at a time with your lights and AC on so you can work just fine with proper batteries and a 220a alternator. 270a would be better peak and idle, but will it fit your application?