Basic is basic. The fun starts when you start learning your mos or goto tech school. Not sure what they call it in the Army I was AF 95-99. Flight mechanic/ propulsion. Glorified way of saying jet engine mechanic. If you can when you get to your pds (permanent duty station) try to get on a maintenance recovery team. That way you can travel and fix broke aircraft all over.

You never mentioned whether it was fighters, bombers, or heavies you're going to be working on. Do you know yet?

Like alot of people said it took a while to realize how much fun I actually had. It is a blast and a great experience. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Peanut butter for real!! I went in at 245 16%bf, got down to 210. Then when MOS training started, they let us use this universal weight machine at night. That combined with morning PT had me at 240 12% with a 400 bench and 280 PT score (I suck at situps). And I went in at 25 years old, Rolladoe, kinda felt more on the level with the DS's, not scared like the 18 and 19 year olds when they would yell. Just look straight ahead and say "yes, drill sgt". And if you're like me, try not to laugh.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Does the army even have fighters or bombers? I thought they only had helicopters

You're right bro. They gave it up after 76' I had to check to make sure I knew myself. My mistake.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

GL brother

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

Honestly, learn the ranks very fast... and the chain of command, soldiers creed, and a few others...

if you dont know it by now, learn your social...

always answer a the drill instructors with *yes drill sergeant* unless its a officer, than its yes sir or mam...

if they tell you to go do something, say *moving drill sergeant* or moving sir or mam..

trying to think what else..

oh, honestly, I WOULD NOT be a leader in basic... for 1 simple reason.. these people who are with you will be fucktards... you WILL get punished for what THEY do.. and if you are in charge of them, you will get their punishment + you not being able to lead them... it will fuck you in the end..

and there is a catch 22 in basic...

NEVER touch a drill sgts hat...

BUT

never let it fall on the ground if they throw it at you..

you are fucked on that one :P

all in all, basic was fun, and i actually had a BLAST..

do you know where your basic and AIT will be? i didnt see if you said

basic will be at ft jackson and AIT is at ft Eustis

Mouth shut ears open. Truly take in what they teach. Don't brush it off as something you think will never happen. The things they will teach have a purpose and meanings. Never call an NCO sir or ma'am. Keep your wall locker secure at all times. Head up, shoulders back. Walk proud not cocky. Avoid eye contact lol. But seriously take in what you're getting taught. Never think about giving up. Don't think its horrible cause it can always get worse. Psychological conditioning is key to being a squared away soldier and it will save your life and others. Chow time- eat your rice or potatoes first carbs and carbs. Eat as much peanut butter for real. I went into basic(infantry though) at 178 16% body fat and came out 190 8% ripped lol. Good luck bro. Always remember your training.

thanks man, ill remember this :drinks:

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

I just turned 20 and I already feel like i am too old to join

i turned 18 in june

Basic is basic. The fun starts when you start learning your mos or goto tech school. Not sure what they call it in the Army I was AF 95-99. Flight mechanic/ propulsion. Glorified way of saying jet engine mechanic. If you can when you get to your pds (permanent duty station) try to get on a maintenance recovery team. That way you can travel and fix broke aircraft all over.

You never mentioned whether it was fighters, bombers, or heavies you're going to be working on. Do you know yet?

Like alot of people said it took a while to realize how much fun I actually had. It is a blast and a great experience. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

not sure what ill be working on, itll be pretty much anything in the 15 series of aviation

and thanks everyone again for the tips and support, much appreciated :drinks:

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

Be quiet and do what you are told. Nothing bothers me more than some shit heat pravate fresh out of AIT who talks about being fucking "platoon guide" or a squad leader so if you end up in any leadership position leave it there. We don't care and you look like a douche!lol

And go to Airborne school or you will forever be a fucking L.E.G....