datmexicankid Posted September 8, 2011 Report Posted September 8, 2011 yo dog i work at a restaurant to the big thing keep people happy good simple food with a few diffrent things and keep people moving in and out dont hire more people than you need step 5 profit
hershy314 Posted September 8, 2011 Author Report Posted September 8, 2011 Free wifi And if you can beat prices on alcohol. Good food good service. A welcoming environment. Having like weekend specials. Maybe entertainment? If it's something you truly want to do, don't the fear of failure stop you. At least you can say you tried which is more then any of the haters and People who doubt you would ever do. You guys are giving me some great ideas and making me wish I could open up a place. Its not the fear of failure thats preventing me from moving forward, its the lack of funds. Really not worried bout it right now, got a more important matter to attend to now. Another thing I think would help is opening up in an area that your familiar with. http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
Nine8SST Posted September 8, 2011 Report Posted September 8, 2011 This country was built on dreams......follow yours! Be smart about it, be genuine, treat people with respect, and never forget that your patrons and employees ARE your business, without them you have nothing! Good luck, it's a tough business! 1998 SS/T Ram Build Log - Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation - 2 DC Level 3 12" - Components??? - Sundown ??? - Sundown??? - Knu Konceptz - Second Skin Dampy Pro - XS D6500
hershy314 Posted September 8, 2011 Author Report Posted September 8, 2011 You could get a loan. You dont 100 grand in your bank account. Everyone's gotta start some where you know? Haters will be haters. To be successful you don't have to start perfect its just not possible. GL dude and if thats your dream go for it. Even a loan would be a challenge, but anything is possible. If it ever got to the point where I could move forward I'd talk to my bank. Think one way to help with cost is to find an old restaraunt that hopefully still has working equipment so I wouldn't have to get to many new things. But yeah http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
Kevin M Posted September 8, 2011 Report Posted September 8, 2011 Have you checked out the local area around the location you want to setup? Like they mentioned you want to offer something that is unique and has people coming back. Check out the competition and see they areas where they fail and excel. A simple menu with a handful of gret apps, entree's and deserts. That will keep your food costs low. Fast turn around in the kitchen keeps customers happy. Organic and local food sourced restaurants are wildly popular right now. You could start with a smaller place and branch out as business and money allows. There are a hundred ways to do it and I imagine you could do it for alot less than a hundred g's. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
CleanSierra Posted September 8, 2011 Report Posted September 8, 2011 I DEFINITELY didn't mean to come off as a hater and am very sorry if I did. There are SO many factors when opening a restaurant that you need to consider. Many of these factors you can NOT affect and very few that you can. Things you can control are menu, pricing, staff, and location(to some extent). What you can't control are if people are gonna step into your restaurant and pay your prices. You can't control whether or not your staff is going to be dependable and show up, or do the level of service you expect from them. Location can also be limited by what you'd be willing to pay for rent, or where you decided would be a profitable area or not. Town size has a lot to do with what people(and how many) are willing to try for 'new' restaurants. I just say do tons of resaearch before going and taking out a small business loan. You wouldn't want to have a restaurant fail that was your dream because you doomed it from the start. Paying a loan off for a restaurant you didn't have would be a constant reminder that the business had failed. I really hope that you CAN create a kickass restaurant or lounge where people would flock to and be customers for life. Good luck with your research and let us know if you see some possibilities or opportunties. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
dkahns51 Posted September 8, 2011 Report Posted September 8, 2011 Those seeem to make a place popular... something unique like someone else said. If your next to a college add some wifi and call it a study area + beer. **Clicky>>My 2009 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Buildlog<<Clicky** I'm messing up 98% of the time
00_XJ Posted September 9, 2011 Report Posted September 9, 2011 We have a BBQ joint around here. It started out with one restaurant 3 years ago ran by a 25 year old. They have the best BBQ in the south and on the weekends they have live bands so if you just want to sit out side and drink a few cold ones while listening to music then you can. He has now expanded to six restaurants all in major cities and at 28 is one of the richest guys down here. It has even been featured on the food network a few times. That shows you right there that you can have a successful restaurant if you add some fun into it also. Also, I'm in college and a lot of kids these days spend their weekends at Hookah bars. You could look into a restaurant/hookah bar. 2000 Jeep Cherokee -DC Audio -Memphis -Audioque -SecondSkin -Pioneer -KnuKonceptz
hershy314 Posted September 9, 2011 Author Report Posted September 9, 2011 I haven't decided on what foods and such would be offered, but I agree gotta have something that makes the place stand out. The area I'd want to put this restaraunt in is in an area I grew up in. So I know it very well. I say 8 out 10 places that opened up over the past few years are still going strong. So that counts for something. Free wi-fi would def be part of it, I know I enjoy using it when I'm killing time between my two jobs. Also T.V would be good, after all it is a sports town. (Cardinals, Blues and Rams are our major home teams). This is something I am NOTtaking lightly. I know its going to be a lot of hard work, not only to get it open but to keep it open. I've seen the invintory list for one of my jobs and we are paying around 10gs a week in food and other supplies. Guess it all comes down to whats offered, maybe I could get by with 5gs a week. Having something unique will help, I kinda like the idea someone had bout having the shop towers like what Steve Meade has. Think that would really set the place apart from the pack. Depending on size of location, maybe do 4 towers instead of 2. I already know a couple good managers, servers and bartenders. I know some decent cooks too. I'm sure I'll think of other things as well. When or if this thought ever becomes a reality, you fine folks of SMD will be the first to know. Hell if I could, I'd some how incorpirate SMD into the place some how. That is if Steve would allow it. http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
BassJunkie Posted September 9, 2011 Report Posted September 9, 2011 Open it near a large college campus, as close to student housing as physically possible. Be open late at night and have free wifi and offer breakfast at all hours and you'd be set. 1986 C20 Suburban 9 American Bass XFL 15's B2 M1MKII 14v XS Power Batteries Maxwell Caps Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.