DC Sound Lab

I run a lvl 4 15 on a dc 2k @1ohm daily... It gets hot after like 45 minutes, but it takes the power alright

How many cubes is the box?

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

I run a lvl 4 15 on a dc 2k @1ohm daily... It gets hot after like 45 minutes, but it takes the power alright

2.8 net or so, tuned at 30

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

general rule of thumb..

if you have to ask, stick to the RMS...

ive ran 1500 rms to each of my old lvl 4s... they would heat up after awhile, BUT i try to abuse all my stuff...

I personally wouldnt do much more than 1500 per lvl 4..

and CJ, you are right, to set the gains, you should use a oscope or a dd 1..

BUT, if its TO MUCH POWER for the subs... you can back it down from that point.....

i think thats what they meant..

the gain knob isnt a volume knob, but if you do turn it down, it just means if your amp does its max power at vol 30, turning it down means you have to turn the volume up on the radio to say 40 to get max power... but then it wont be clean since its clean at 30 and set at 30..

if that makes sense, thats my take on it....

but I would set it with the DD1 and if it does prove to be to much, gain it down some

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Don't know where I read this but RMS plus 25% more power is good.

But I guess it all depends on how hard and much you push your subs. During the week I only listen to the on the commute back home from work. During the weekends I beat those b******es down. Haha.

RMS + anything only applies to experienced installers. If you are having to ask this question then I would stick to a MAX of a 1.2k per Level 4.

How much actual clamped power?

2.8 net or so, tuned at 30

Smaller box does help the sub handle the extra power.

Kinda feel like a small box will look odd when I'm wanting to wall the subs....

thats what a beauty panel is for.. you dont need to make the box super huge, can still make it optimum for the subwoofer/power you will be running... but personally i wouldnt wall 2 18s.. i have 2 18s walled *well, had.. just sold the 5s* and i would do 4 15s...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Kinda feel like a small box will look odd when I'm wanting to wall the subs....

thats what a beauty panel is for.. you dont need to make the box super huge, can still make it optimum for the subwoofer/power you will be running... but personally i wouldnt wall 2 18s.. i have 2 18s walled *well, had.. just sold the 5s* and i would do 4 15s...

Reasoning?

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.