Kinetik Under The Hood?

Well im considering buying a kinetik for under the hood as a main starter battery ( prolly a 1400) along with one or two in the trunk. My question is, how good are kinetiks for a starting battery? Is it a goo idea? I know steve runs power masters under the hood and out back. Also since winter is comming it will have to crank a V6 at about 20 F. OR would i be better off with a yellow top under the hood and kinetiks out back?

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

steve has a yellow top under the hood. thats what hes been had. many people put the kinetiks under the hood with no problem. you should be fine.

also, on kinetiks site, it says you can use it as a starter battery

Yea i meant to say steve had one in chickens caddi. But thanks for the info i just wanted to be sure since winters here in cleveland can be very interesting to say the least lol.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

this is a very good topic. i was thinking about replacing my yellowtop underhood with a HC2000 and put a HC800 in the back. i don't want to F up anything though. i might just save the money i'd use for the HC2000 and get my new alternator.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

if you already have a yellow top under the hood then i say just stick with it...i think the kinetik is a bit stronger, imo, but i dont think it warrants spending the extra money for the tiny improvement you may see....basically the cost outweighs the benefit in this case...

edit: reading>me...i thought i saw you already had a yellow top, but i guess not...in that case get the kinetik...u should be fine...i run a NSB90 under my hood (which is my only battery) with no problems at all...

Edited by amatt85

i likes me some audio stuff...

if you already have a yellow top under the hood then i say just stick with it...i think the kinetik is a bit stronger, imo, but i dont think it warrants spending the extra money for the tiny improvement you may see....basically the cost outweighs the benefit in this case...

i feel ya ........ and that battery cost around $250 and i can add another $100 and get my 220 amp alternator from mr. iraggi.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

this is a very good topic. i was thinking about replacing my yellowtop underhood with a HC2000 and put a HC800 in the back. i don't want to F up anything though. i might just save the money i'd use for the HC2000 and get my new alternator.

i would put the 2000 in the back and the 800 in the front. more supply on demand right next to your amp!

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

i would put the 2000 in the back and the 800 in the front. more supply on demand right next to your amp!

i thought about that too but with me driving an 04 expedition .......... well i like the luxury of having my 3rd row available and a HC600 or 800 would fit under my 2nd row seat, the HC 2000 would be a no no and i'd have to lose my 3rd row space in the back so i think the 6 or 800 would suffice.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

Audiocontrol 3.1.