Sundown Audio

Image Dynamic Q series!!

Audio-Concepts

I have been going back and forth on trying to decide which mono amplifier I want to run. I was curious if anyone has heard or used any of the Image Dynamics Q series amplifiers and what are your thoughts on the amps.

I dont want anyone chiming in with you could spend this on this amp or anything that has nothing to do with IMAGE amplifiers. This isnt about any other companies, it is only about the Image Dynamic amps!

Thanks guys

Mike

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

i have not used their amps but ID never made anything that didnt sound good. you cant go wrong with them IMO.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

my friend has one on two fi bl's.. ive heard it before, it sounded really clean. im pretty sure he was always telling me it did rated, he never clamped it but he said someone on the internet had clamped it and it did rated. ill ask him what model it was and if he can find that website where they tested and clamped it.

Im not worried about them being out of business, most every product I have ever ran from them has lasted years! I am looking into purchasing a mono amp for the new setup, and came across the 1200.1 Q series that will do 1200 watts @ 4 ohm bridged and running lower impedance usually means less stress on the amp. I dont need a huge amp, but one that is reliable, and considering this it pre Eric (Stevens) leaving I feel that I can trust it! Just looking for peoples opinions on the amps if they have used them!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

• 3 weeks later...

I run the q1200.1 It is 1200 watts at 1 ohm. The amp has balls. That is the number one thing I noticed first. The amp is a/b so very inefficient. I had it on a 2400 kinetik battery. Amp runs hot but I am sure all high current a/b amps run hot. Amp did go into protect a couple of times that is because I am sure I was getting a voltage drop. To get the most of this amp I would recommend an HO alternator. I had a mmats 2200.1 pushing my 2 re audio sex 12s in a bandpass box and the Q1200.1 sounded better and could not tell the power difference. The mmats is excellent and underrated. The q1200 with half the power kept up with the mmats easily. You will probably see about 1500 watts out of the q at 1 ohm. a/b sub amp is in a totally different class that d- class amps. SQ is much better because the sub is controlled go in and out not just out like a d class. I hate the cost but I have found them for 500 bucks through my local dealer. I paid 800 for my first one. I have bought another one and about to by one today for a total of three. I will be running 6 re audio sex 15s ported and walled in my car. I have a 320 amp alternator from dcpower and 3 kinetic 2400 batteries and a bat cap 300. 100 feet of 0 gauge. So add that up and that’s only 3600 watts. It will sound like a 6000+ watt system when done. The box design will be by RE Audio and built by my installer you is off the chain. I am hoping to hit 155db. I am sure you can get huge power for the fraction of the price. But this amp is truly special because it is a a/b amp and probably will sound better than most d-class amps out there. More current you give it the more you will get out of it. You can probably compare this to the old Lanzar Opti or Soundstream References from back in the day. Zed Audio. Notice the power levels were very low yet put out massive bass. Personally I would get a zed Audio amp. It is cheaper and about the same quality as the q 1200. I am only buying mine 3rd to match the system. I know an authorize retailer for Zed Audio if you need. I supposedly bought the last q1200.1 for the warehouse. So the only ones left to buy are from peoples stock. I truly think it might be the best amp out there for what it does.

Side note: I just spoke with my installer he just installed 8 mmats p3.0 15s with 8 moorland batteries on the Kicker 10,000 watt amp and is hitting in the mid 150s. I asked him what i would be hitting realistically on my re audio sex 6 15s with my 3 q1200.1 and 3 kinetik 2400 batteries he said mid 150s so go figure. GET THE 1200.1

Edited by stilzz

Future System:

1997 vw Passat

Old School Alpine Head Unit

Sound Stream Pro Series Tweeters

Sound Stream Pro Series 6.5

Cadence 6x9 mid bass drivers

lpg 25nfs tweeters

Audio Control EQS

Diamond Audio Cache'

Imagine Dynamic Q Series 450 x4 amp

3 Image Dynamics Q1200.1 amps