subs to match RE Audio XTX-5000.1

hey im pretty new in the big stero world ever since i was 16 ive put a lil sub and amp in my rides now that im older im doing it bigger lol i just orderd a re audio xtx 5000 and am wondering what to match them up with? its in a dodge ram ext cab going to do a blowthrew i have in my daily driver 4 12 cvx'x with a zx2500 with a sealed box and it sound great but wanting to do to 15's or 18's thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey im pretty new in the big stero world ever since i was 16 ive put a lil sub and amp in my rides now that im older im doing it bigger lol i just orderd a re audio xtx 5000 and am wondering what to match them up with? its in a dodge ram ext cab going to do a blowthrew i have in my daily driver 4 12 cvx'x with a zx2500 with a sealed box and it sound great but wanting to do to 15's or 18's thanks

can you post up pics?

also can you do a review on the amp?

i have been curious about this amp. i wanted to hear from someone with first rate experience.

• 6 months later...

The amp will do no where near rated. They are fairly solid and hold up pretty well but i only had my RE xtx in a few hours before I realized it is way way over rated. The bass knob is useless on this thing and anything past half gain on the amp and it gets muddy and almost starts to clip. I am selling my RE as we speak and just ordered a different amp. I love my RE XXX 15 though,..it is a low end monster. Just personally not impressed at all with the amps. Not CEA compliant which is ok but trust me when I say you will maybe get half of the rated power with a good electrical and a strike of lightning. Just my .02 cents . take it or leave it. But with that amp I would look into the sxx....think it would move a the 15's ok.. Amp has poor dampening factor, so 18's may sound sloppy on the amp. Depending on the build and electrical you may have good luck with the 15s. Trust me though, it will not be long before you want to upgrade that amp. There is a reason why they are priced so nicely for the rated power.

Cheers mate..

2004 VW Beetle turbo'd shiny and able to go boom...DONT ASK ME WHY BUT THE WOMENZ LIKEZ IT.

CURRENT BUILD UNDER WAY

DC AMPS ON PREORDER

STINGER WIRES IN HAND

MECHMAN 270 ON THE WAY

RE XXX 15 IN HAND GETTING REPLACED BY A DC XL M2 SOON

4.1 CUBES @ 33 HZ HITTEN DEM LOWS

XS POWER BATTERIES ON DA WAY

CLARION HU'S LOOKING PURRRDY

FATMAT XTREME AND RATTLE TRAPPED TO THE BALL SACK

THE REST IS A SECRET

2 15 SSA XCONz.That would be Sik

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

My XXX 15 is rated at 2000 watts and I had the amp wired down to 1 ohm and it clipped before it would push the sub as hard and clean as I should have been. Dont get me wrong it still hit hard in the 25-45 hz range but the sub was laughing at the power. A proper electrical a solid built box and a reliable amp that does rated can make most subs sound good. I am not hating on RE like I said I love the XXX but their amp line is not their strongpoint. I know I just put mine in a few weeks ago and its all ready getting yanked out for a DC 3.5k ..... I found out that you get what you pay for.... I do think that amp will push the sxx sub nice though considering the rated rms. Whatever subs you get make sure the configuration allows you to wire everything into 1 ohm that way you can get the most power before it gets dirty and clips.

2004 VW Beetle turbo'd shiny and able to go boom...DONT ASK ME WHY BUT THE WOMENZ LIKEZ IT.

CURRENT BUILD UNDER WAY

DC AMPS ON PREORDER

STINGER WIRES IN HAND

MECHMAN 270 ON THE WAY

RE XXX 15 IN HAND GETTING REPLACED BY A DC XL M2 SOON

4.1 CUBES @ 33 HZ HITTEN DEM LOWS

XS POWER BATTERIES ON DA WAY

CLARION HU'S LOOKING PURRRDY

FATMAT XTREME AND RATTLE TRAPPED TO THE BALL SACK

THE REST IS A SECRET

go with 2 15 or 2 18" RE Audio MT's

dual 1ohm obviously ;)

e/: apologies, I'm an RE woofer enthusiast.

personally thought about getting the xtx5k

but, ended up not.

and yes, just like everyone is saying their amp lineup is definitely not their strong suit.

and you will want to upgrade to (most likely) a DC 3.5-5k(ish)

sorry if none of this makes sense.

im incredibly tired and in a boring ass computers class.

'08 Chevy Cobalt coupe 2.2 base model trunk build:

2 9512iSC flatwound alum 1.5 coils

-extra 9500 spider pack

-8" platinum carbon dustcaps

1 DD Z1 (.375ohm nominally daily)

3g31 AGM

320a Ohio Gen alt

1 DD S4 4 channel

4 VO-M8v1's (holes cut for 3rd pair)

2 CS 6.5's

2 VO-B1's

Sony XAV-601BT

all Knu Krystal RCA's

Cadence 7band EQ

148.3db @ 32hz (burp)

148.4 @ 37 & 38hz (burp)

146.xdb 90sec average (center windshield)

Archived