Good aftermarket H.I.D company

i dont mean to thread jack but my 2000 jeep Cherokee has the older style bulbs where you replace the whole housing. thats why i asked

you can buy aftermarket housings. I have these in my s10. ive got a set of 8000k hids in there and with how theyre cut they actually have a cutoff beam kinda like projectors. these are what i have housings

I hope you guys dont think this is a post dump but heres what i had to say about my future vision hid's. I know its a long story but i have a great experience with them in my envoy:

I placed an order on August 14th for the purchase of 880 fog lamps; 9005 high beams, and a 42mm bi-xenon projector kit. I am very pleased in all the great customer service that everyone at FutureVision has provided me both before and after the sale. Prior to the sale I was well educated by everyone at FutureVision of the tasks I would need to perform on my truck, how to make everything work, what i would need to get, and what would be best recommended. I had sent numerous emails back and forth before I have made the final decision to purchase HID's from FutureVision just to make sure I could install HID's in my truck and do it the correct way. After speaking with several workers at FutureVision, I was advised that the 880, 9005, and 42mm projector kits would be perfect for my truck. I purchased those three model lights for my 2004 GMC Envoy with a 4300k bulb color and all the lights except for my high beam would run off a 35w ballast. For my high beams I asked the guys at FutureVision which would be best for far distance and brightness and was advised that for as rare as I would use the high beam that the 55w would be best because it would shine brighter and not really decrease the bulb life since it wont be used a lot in my truck.

I placed the order on August 14th of 2011 and I received the order on August 23rd 2011. For me living in the United States and on the opposite part of North America from where FutureVision is located I can truly say that 7 business days for my order to arrive is extremely fast. I was expecting to wait for over 2 weeks but it never happened.

When the package arrived I decided to take everything out and look at it all before I was going to start the install process. The kits included all the hardware and diagrams you would ever need. The pictures on the install diagrams are big and easy to read. Everything for the install was included. The mounting brackets for bolting down the ballasts, the ballasts, the bulbs, the adapter wires, and even two sided tape to mount the ballasts to any flat surface. Just seeing all the accessories that came with it, I was already pleased and then looking at the quality of the bulbs and ballasts made me really feel confident in my purchase. When I installed them in my truck with the low beams being retro-fitted and the high and fog lamps just being plug and play I can happily say that I am extremely satisfied in my purchase. The lights are extremely bright and have a fast turn on and warm up time. Whenever I drive with my High beams on, it is like broad day light for how bright they are and they shine for 5 blocks down the road so this is a great benefit from my old stock Halogen bulbs. Another great benefit I have gained from my HID install is that even if I were to drive around with just the fog lamps it would shine over 15 feet in front of my truck. My stock Halogen bulbs wouldn't shine more than 6 feet from the fog light. I also noticed that everything on the road is a lot easier to identify. Street signs are extremely easy to read at night, license plates light up, and the best part is that the reflective tape on police cars will shine back even at very far distances to alert you of what lies ahead.

After I had them installed for over 3 weeks I had ran into a small problem with one of my hid bulbs. Sometimes my one fog lamp would illuminate on first start, other times I would have to shut the fogs off and back on and it would ignite. I spoke with Bruno from FutureVision through an email and he advised me what the problem could be with the ballast or even possibly the relay or bulb. I had decided to check over the entire system for that one bulb that was having trouble igniting in the cool weather. I swapped several ballasts around with that same bulb to no prevail that the light would still turn on and off intermittently. I then swapped the bulb to the other side of my truck and it followed over to that side as well to prove it was the bulb. I then checked my relays and they were fully functional and operating at peak performance. So once I found out that the bulb may have a problem I emailed Bruno back and he had sent me out a replacement 880 fog light along with one relay for the trucks projector since the one relay would make a buzzing noise when I unlocked the truck no matter what side I placed it on.

All in all I am definitely happy to say that I am really glad I purchased my HID's through FutureVision.com. Even though after a few weeks I did run into two very small problems, the guys at FutureVision, in particular Bruno went above and beyond in helping me resolve the problem. I was guided throughout the entire purchase and install process and learned a lot of great things from the guys at FutureVision. Yes you may think to yourself that the prices are higher than the other companies out there but as the website states "you simply get what you pay for. In our case you get even more!!". This quote is very accurate because I myself have truly gotten even more from FutureVision. They had given me a discount for purchasing all my lights at once, friendly and knowledgeable customer service, and above all an excellent product that I can happily say is great to have installed in my truck. I will definitely be purchasing my future HID's from FutureVisionHID.com because of the great success I have had with their quality products and employees. I will recommend anyone and everyone I know to buy FutureVision to get a high quality product.

Thank You to everyone at FutureVisionHID for providing me such above and beyond customer service and one excellent product for my vehicle. I truly appreciate all of the assistance you have all given me with this purchase and for building such a high quality HID light application.

now to continue this, i received the replacement bulb and relay for my hid's which were defective and they work perfect for me now so i have a 100% glitch free lighting system. Future vision is a lot more expensive than other companies but tbh i am glad i paid up for their product because the quality is amazing. Plus if you are good, you can do what i did and get all the lights you need and ask for a discount. Thats what i did.

For your lights, i very highly and strongly recommend you get projectors. I use projectors for my low beams and just them. My fog lamps dont have any projectors on them since i couldnt get the damn things out of my bumper but i had my dad drive the truck around and i drove my moms car and my dads truck and the fog lamps are down so low and dont bounce light upward so i didnt really need projectors, nor is the light scattered.

What i did was get new headlight lens' from rockauto.com for my envoy. I then went to my co-workers house who had a heat gun, heated up the one headlight i couldnt just pry apart and then i removed the lens. Then i took my dads dremel and cut out the opening from the light socket to fit the projectors back piece in. Then i put it all together, used 100% pure silicone (clear) and let it sit for 2 whole days then installed them. They work great, have no leaks or condensation, and shine really far and are extremely bright. Retrofitting isnt as hard as it seems, honestly the hardest part i ran into was getting my one headlight apart. The one new headlight came apart without any heat, the other one i had to heat so hot that it was starting to melt the plastic in some spots then it came apart. Other than that, just be patient, observe what you are doing, and take your time and it will turn out great.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

i dont mean to thread jack but my 2000 jeep Cherokee has the older style bulbs where you replace the whole housing. thats why i asked

You need to get an H4 conversion... they sell em for those Jeeps.. but I really hate the idea of running HID's in reflectors. There's some trucks doing that around here and they blind the crap out of me with their fricking 12000K bulbs... they can barely see with those hyper blue HID's so they aim them up more or add more lights to blind everyone with....

Retrofit projectors or don't do it. Chances are if you are putting them in it's because your housings are fogged to hell or suck at putting light on the ground. Remember HID's put out A LOT more light than normal halogens. Even those with unusable light like 8000K + And bad or fogged housings will scatter light everywhere blinding people or pissing them off.

If you want usable color temp go 4500K to 6000K. 6000K has the blue without loosing too much "Usable Light". Anything beyond this has less "usable light" than a Halogen bulb.

Those high color bulbs look nice, but that's all they are good for. Look into how "Yellow" light is better for our night vision than "Blue" light. Now if this is for your show truck or car.. or if you don't plan on driving at night.. then cool beans bro do it to it. I think those blue lights look pretty cool. (at a show.)

I use DDM for my HID's. I've had a good experience with them.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Mediarocker

2007 Mazda 3s Sport- Custom Short Ram, Vibrant 4-2-1 Header, Trubendz Exhaust, Magnaflow Resonator and XL Muffler, Mazdaspeed Springs, 18" Baccarats with Tigerpaw GTZ 225/40R 18's

Awards:

MECA Phat Car 1st Place

MECA Show n' Tell : 112.5db's on whatever was in my CD changer

MECA SQL Stock 1st Place

MECA Import Mild 2nd Place

be nice if they made some for my town car lol

yeh I looked for you but I couldnt find anything for a 94. I used to have a 89 lincoln town car which had the 4 headlights up front and I had all aftermarket lights in it. and also those lights wouldnt work on your car anyway. those would fit in my truck but not in your car unless you did some modifying. those are regular 6x7 headlight housings with projectors fitted in them. I was looking at getting these before but they are way overpriced. you can make your own for $70. one thing you could do is buy an extra set of headlights, take of the lenses and try to form some new clear lenses out of plexy by melting it over the old lenses. if you do it right youll have some clear lenses on your housings.

i orderd 2 sets of these

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=3181

and opened up the housing and worked it until i got it right

a pic of it done

IMG_20110522_172417.jpg

ahh nice

i have the similar set up as you, color wise of the HID's. 12k lows, 3k highs. the 12ks dont look that blue/purple, they look almost like yours