DC Sound Lab

DC in home use? Rusty

Hey Rusty I love my level 5 18s and I would like to use some DC subs in my new home theater room. Have you got anything you can fix me up with? Two 15s or 18s isobaric/ infinite baffle style. About the only thing on the market right now in this category that I see is the Dayton IB385. It would be way cool to have DC in my house Rusty.

mobile chornobyl

Fi has a IB sub but I am sure its a big penny to get it. This would be cool though to see as a product I'd like to add.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Ive never played with a lv5 for HT use, biggest I have done is a lv3 =]

I can't imagine using a 5 for home theatre lol, how did the Lv3 perform? I'm trying to start planning for a HT build and would like to use DC as well.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Hey Rusty I love my level 5 18s and I would like to use some DC subs in my new home theater room. Have you got anything you can fix me up with? Two 15s or 18s isobaric/ infinite baffle style. About the only thing on the market right now in this category that I see is the Dayton IB385. It would be way cool to have DC in my house Rusty.

If you have a big house got buy a 18"backet peice of pip pipe and make an 18"basket 9 foot long tline :cheers:

But on your topic of ib set ups, maybe but when I free air-ed it it was not loud off 500the watts tho, I have trouble beleiving that the ib would perform much different from the free air.... obviously a little, but a box would be so much better imo

I have had my dc lvl 5 18 in my house on 500the watts ish just for shits and giggles, I found it had to generate enought power in home setups for cheap... so I took a 1500dmaybe I had laying around and a battery with a nice charger and got a pretty good 12v system.... I had a dc 8 laying around so I've been experimenting with t line boxes

I would try it man with the lower power just build a big box....I really thing you would benefit more from a box.... but if you got some power....

What will you be powering it with?

Edited by CortezDTV

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass