power options to run 2k watts

Planning on getting a DC 2k and want to know if I can power it by just upgrading and adding batteries without getting a h/o alt.

I will be geting an XS D5100R under the hood along with another XS in the trunk.

I know the 5100R says it can handle 2k watts as the primary batt but if I'm investing in a DC amp i want to give it plenty of power.

Rockn a '99 Civic Lx

Do you guys think just the D5100R as a primary along with a second XS in teh back will suffice? If so which size should I get in the back?

Also already have the big3 and will probably do 2 runs of +/- from front to back unless it is really overkill... i dont think it is :shrug:

Thanks in advance!!

-Andrew

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

4 RF Punch 6.5" Components

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build

Planning on getting a DC 2k and want to know if I can power it by just upgrading and adding batteries without getting a h/o alt.

I will be geting an XS D5100R under the hood along with another XS in the trunk.

I know the 5100R says it can handle 2k watts as the primary batt but if I'm investing in a DC amp i want to give it plenty of power.

Rockn a '99 Civic Lx

Do you guys think just the D5100R as a primary along with a second XS in teh back will suffice? If so which size should I get in the back?

Also already have the big3 and will probably do 2 runs of +/- from front to back unless it is really overkill... i dont think it is :shrug:

Thanks in advance!!

-Andrew

first rule of car audio, there is no such thing as a overkill.

also i wouldn't recommend running the 2k on those 12 kicker comps :lol:

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

That should be good for electrical. The HO alternator would be a great addition in any case tho

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

that electrical should be fine in civic, I ran stock alt in 95 hatchback, with small kinetik up front and kinetik 2000 in the back with 2 mtx 81000d's and 2 crossfire 404 amps for about year and half with no problems

2012 scion xb bagged, 2 soundqubed hdc3 12's, soundqubed 2200 for now, need alternator

Archived