Highest wattage car system ???

Db drag burps are with the engine off so alternators make no difference. I doubt we will ever see a 100kw groundpounder/bassracer unfortunately.

Depends on the class, most classes allow the car to be running with the exception of street classes.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Herby, out of curiosity, did that setup rely on external power, or did the vehicle make all of it's own juice ? ....and if so, how ?

Any vehicle that could make 160Kwts has something very special going on..... other than just 3 or 4 automotive alternators strapped together.....

Fish

I seen pics of the sound digital demo vehicle. It had something like 10 16k amps. I will try to find the pics later tonight

the details i seen were very limited. here are the pics.

812b6772.jpg

4a09235f.jpg

d2bef603.jpg

99da1d2b.jpg

99da1d2b.jpg

5fe6d90f.jpg

these are just pics i seen somewhere probly here on this forum. I know nothing about the vehicle. :shrug:

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

I do think that they still run off of automotive alternators, just have a couple tons of batteries strapped under the car

But hey Bumonskate, I wonder if the reason they need a couple tons of batteries, is to store up enough juice, from their wimpy (okay.... probably a little stronger than the alt in my Hyundai ;) LOL... but relatively speaking) automotive alternator setups ???

Maybe if some of these guys would build a real gimongous generator setup, they could produce enough continuous juice, that all that tonnage of batteries wouldn't be neccessary ?

Just saying.....

Fish

This is true...I'm not sure, it'd be cool to see some generator ran off a drive shaft though since those things don't exactly "drive" in the first place.

I know they compete with the cars off, but it could start some sort of a new class where you're only allowed one battery to start the car then run the stereo off the generator setup maybe??

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

what about a 4x4 transfercase that would only drive the front of the vehicle and disengage the rear, but the front drive shaft removed and replaced with a generator...or 20 alts. Gear ratio would probably have to be nuts to get the alts to produce anything, especially since most classes that allow the car to run only allow something like 1200rpms. And with gearing like that you would have to have monster hp/tq at extremely low rpms, which is where a diesel would probably shine but definitely not a stock diesel.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Have you seen Alma Gates' old trucks alt setup? Now that is just sick!

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

BassJunkie

Depends on the class, most classes allow the car to be running with the exception of street classes.

Two things I' have to say about that...

1) I'm probably the least competitive guy on the whole planet anyway, and so doing something that puts me out of the contest would be a great excuse for not having to enter any contests to begin with :)

2) If I could afford it, I'd WAAAY rather be in a class by myself anyway.

Peace,

Fish

PS, But just out of curiosity, what class have SMD and Ray competed in ? Isn't it called the "ground pounders" ? They certainly leave their motors running, right ?

Hey I just wanted to say... Earlier I made the comment, "Don't be scared" ;) LOL

But reading all of the latest responses, you guys seem to be really open minded about this ! And this is what keeps the whole car audio world moving forward. If everybody just sat around and said, "Well it hasn't been done.... so that must mean it won't work... So I'm not even going to consider it", then the whole car audio thing would just stall, and eventually die.

People have to keep thinking out of the box, and constantly stepping up their game.

Peace,

Fish

Archived