Fish Chris Posted September 21, 2011 Report Posted September 21, 2011 It's hard to do an Internet search, because you have goof balls talking about 100Kwt systems, that are obviously NOT a true 100Kwts. Oh, and does anybody know the calculation to determine how many amps on a 12 volt system (or, at 14.5 - 16 volts) it would take to make an actual, for real, 100 Kwts ? All I can say, is that if I ever had the $$$, I wouldn't be screwing around with a bunch of 'dinky' 250-400 amp alts all stacked together ! I keep saying it, and one of these days, somebody with some money is going to hear me > Somebody needs to couple a "REAL" generator, straight off of the drive line of a vehicle.... preferably a vehicle with a big, bad ass diesel motor, and make 2000, 3000, or more amps, all in one place, at one time ! Then you would have more juice than you need. And it would be time to start building that true 100Kwt system Fish
sqsux Posted September 21, 2011 Report Posted September 21, 2011 ~69k amps? watts/volts = amps amps*volts = wattage Start out boxy, shape as you move along. Dc Audio Team Fur
IH8PunkRok Posted September 21, 2011 Report Posted September 21, 2011 for shiggles 100Kw = 134 hp so that much power would probably stall most car engines considering nothing is 100% efficient lol -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
kbsmoker Posted September 21, 2011 Report Posted September 21, 2011 Butler's has 8 stetsom 25k's www.dcsoundlab.comyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3 SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator
BJD3 Posted September 21, 2011 Report Posted September 21, 2011 All I can say, is that if I ever had the $$$, I wouldn't be screwing around with a bunch of 'dinky' 250-400 amp alts all stacked together ! I keep saying it, and one of these days, somebody with some money is going to hear me > Somebody needs to couple a "REAL" generator, straight off of the drive line of a vehicle.... preferably a vehicle with a big, bad ass diesel motor, and make 2000, 3000, or more amps, all in one place, at one time ! Then you would have more juice than you need. And it would be time to start building that true 100Kwt system Fish Does this mean we're going to see people towing around three or four diesel generators? Could you imagine how many gallons to the mile you would get? lmao Anti Peel and Seal...lol You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive. 2002 Buick Park Avenue DC Level 4 M2 12 D2 Car Audio Bargain 1600.1 Eclipse CD3200 ~2 cubes @ 34 hz. Stinger Roadkill Expert
zayres29 Posted September 21, 2011 Report Posted September 21, 2011 I don't think anything with that much power would be anything but a one note wonder playin music on something like that would be pointless it'd probably kill you if you sat in it Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
tonedeaf Posted September 21, 2011 Report Posted September 21, 2011 for shiggles 100Kw = 134 hp so that much power would probably stall most car engines considering nothing is 100% efficient lol A souped up diesel can make an easy 700+ hp with a small handful of mods. I don't think it would have a huge problem keeping up.
Fish Chris Posted September 21, 2011 Author Report Posted September 21, 2011 Now that's the kind of forward thinking I like to hear ! To the rest of you guys, "Don't be scared" Fish A souped up diesel can make an easy 700+ hp with a small handful of mods. I don't think it would have a huge problem keeping up.
n8ball2013 Posted September 21, 2011 Report Posted September 21, 2011 do you mean a daily driven beast or a one note cement filled wonder THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
herbykw Posted September 21, 2011 Report Posted September 21, 2011 I seen pics of the sound digital demo vehicle. It had something like 10 16k amps. I will try to find the pics later tonight 06 300C 5.7 Hemi K&N CAI JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD DC Audio 3.5k 6 DC Audio 8"s 6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.