I have a 1998 jeep cherokee 4.0 L. I love to go fast and im going to get my moms v8 turbo Volvo when I go to college but for now im stuck with this. I have a budget of $500 or so. I would like to gain 50 hp. I was thinking of getting performance cams but I didn't know if it would give an extra 50 hp. The ol jeep starts shakin at 95 mph so high end power isn't what im going for. Im going for the 0-60 mph range. Any advice is welcome... except for "get a new car"

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Alpine HU

Crunch Powerone 300.2 mid/highs + AP15001D bass

Soon to be two OA18s

Cadence coax and sony tweets

Big three + All 1/0 wire

Optima Yellow Top

No hating on my ghetto system plz. (Im poor)

They make performance chips for 95+ and put a cold air intake, and a full exhaust on it. May i ask, why do you want to gain so much power?

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

They make performance chips for 95+ and put a cold air intake, and a full exhaust on it. May i ask, why do you want to gain so much power?

Sorry... forgot to add that in cold air and exhaust already in. Im making bout 210 hp right now. And to answer you question... Y not! :)

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Alpine HU

Crunch Powerone 300.2 mid/highs + AP15001D bass

Soon to be two OA18s

Cadence coax and sony tweets

Big three + All 1/0 wire

Optima Yellow Top

No hating on my ghetto system plz. (Im poor)

Banks makes a lot of cool stuff for your truck, check it out

Edited by LoudBurp

Best of Luck and Cheers!

There is a point of diminishing returns on the amount of equipment installed, kinda like throwing money out a window.

Sorry... forgot to add that in cold air and exhaust already in. Im making bout 210 hp right now. And to answer you question... Y not! :)

do this then http://www.edgeproducts.com/product.php?pk=84&pvk=259

SKAR_728x90-2.jpg

could always regear your axles, from a 3 55 to a 373, it will give you a bit more torque off the line. But you will not be able to go as fast.

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,