Shop Was Telling Me.....

I'm planning up a bigger ground pounder, about 4-5kw and I was talking to the local shop owner about highs. He said in the perfect world if people did things right and wanted the best balance you should have as many watts on your highs and mids as you do for bass. Sound hard to do, but does anyone else feel the same?

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

reaslitically id be more worried about frequency response.. and sensitivity and low distortion levels ... then power handling .. watts honestly have very little to do with loudness... thats a very noobish thing he told you... kinda like ppl think there louder than you because there subs are rated higher wattage (useally peak or max ) lol that installer is a moron. Also highs tend to get louder easier than lows being the move faster needing less of a distance to complete a full wave

Edited by unknownuser200985

Its almost right, speaking from a total SQ set up....

I rather just design the perfect speaker,

a single point source speaker that plays 20hz-20,000hz with 0db +/-

There are a few speakers in the world that are very close to that

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Guest MegaloManiac
reaslitically id be more worried about frequency response.. and sensitivity and low distortion levels ... then power handling .. watts honestly have very little to do with loudness... thats a very noobish thing he told you... kinda like ppl think there louder than you because there subs are rated higher wattage (useally peak or max ) lol that installer is a moron. Also highs tend to get louder easier than lows being the move faster needing less of a distance to complete a full wave

the installer doesnt realize efficiency comes into play. Lets say I am running a 1k sub stage i would never think to give 1000 watts to my front stage, my ears would bleed, but thats me :lol:

reminds me of the guy with the eminience pa horns in his SUV and how silly it was.

• 1 month later...
the installer doesnt realize efficiency comes into play. Lets say I am running a 1k sub stage i would never think to give 1000 watts to my front stage, my ears would bleed, but thats me :lol:

reminds me of the guy with the eminience pa horns in his SUV and how silly it was.

Have pics at all?

I just use o2, EV, Beyma, Emience, Selienium, Datyon 6.5"s and 10"s for highs. Depending on what the rms of the speaker is then i go with an amp to match them and set on highpass and they be screaming!