gauging intrest in nspl in north ca

stevew007

clamped power?

yeah not a fan of clamping power my self but what can you do?

Hell with that many classes, everyone can be in their own class.

well it helps bring in new blood and hope they dont get scared off.LOL

i'd give it a try, but there is too many classes in my opinion...I also dislike dash readings

well thats what hardcore is about mic anywhere in front of the front seats doors open windows down what ever.

well thats what hardcore is about mic anywhere in front of the front seats doors open windows down what ever.

lol, i dont like kick readings either....dash and kick do NOT simulate what a car truly sounds like, unless people drive upside down or with face on windsheild..lol....id give it a try tho

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

competition is competition. I will enjoy any format I can compete in regardless of where it is measured.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Steve are u a certified judge and would these comps count for world finals?

Also any web link to read more about the rules and is there 1x,2x shows,etc. For NSPL like db drag/meca?when u say meter in the kick is it with the globe ball thing and for harcore what do u mean everywhere in the front seats?

Do u guys use stands like meca or its basicaly

refering to we just have the choice to use the dash or kick,whatever gets us louder in the hardcore class?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES,TEAM DC AUDIO

2000 Silverado Ext 1500 v.3

(Walled Silverado)

4 DC Power 270a Alts on A DC Power Quad Alt Bracket

XS Power VCM,Stinger Volt Meters

4 AA Mayhem 18s

2 DC Audio 9.0ks Strapped

1 DC Audio 175.4

4 Selenium 6.5s & 4 Selenium 8s

4 Selenium Super Tweeter st350s

72 SQ Ft Of Stinger Roadkill Expert

Alpine CDA 9887

XS Power d3400(Hood),6 XS Power d3100s(Bed)

& much more.....

2011 Meca CA State Champion & State Record Holder In M5

Meca SPL:158.2

Meca P&P:137.4

DB Drag:159.1

USACI:161.2

BUILD LOG.....YOUTUBE CHANNEL.....FEEDBACK

Steve are u a certified judge and would these comps count for world finals?

Also any web link to read more about the rules and is there 1x,2x shows,etc. For NSPL like db drag/meca?when u say meter in the kick is it with the globe ball thing and for harcore what do u mean everywhere in the front seats?

Do u guys use stands like meca or its basicaly

refering to we just have the choice to use the dash or kick,whatever gets us louder in the hardcore class?

I am not a judge YET. I have talked with the owner of nspl he is excited as i am to try and get somethng going in other states. these will count for state,national,world records and world finals AS long as you join and become a member.membership is $25 a year.I have never been to a nspl show but as far as i know there are no stands or globes.here is a link to there web page http://www.nsplcompetition.com/

this might take me a little while because I will be moving from colorado to sacramento in november.once i get set up out there I will need to find all the local shop's that are willing to post flyer's and be willing to let the show's happen on there property.the first few shows I will only hand out printed awards put in a picture frame just until I can get the word out about the shows and see how many entries we can get and how big of a following there is in cali.

I'm not new to spl just to nspl.I went to my first dbdrag show back in 1996 and have been doing it ever since.I have seen promoter's come and go here in colorado.they all start out strong and peter out with in the year.so I know what i need to do in order to make a descent show for the people.well most of them anyways (can't please everyone)

I just want to make sure everything is right before I dump few thousand just to get started with the shows.

There's a decent following up here in cali. I would definetly try it as I know a lot of others would.

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

lol, i dont like kick readings either....dash and kick do NOT simulate what a car truly sounds like, unless people drive upside down or with face on windsheild..lol....id give it a try tho

competition isnt about simulating where your head will be. if you race your car you dont go the speed you normally drive on the freeway lol. and i dont listen to music with my head 2 feet off the glass and a door open driving down the road so its not perfect either. and thats ok, it doesnt matter. as long as there is a standard that everyone has to follow to put you on a level playing field.

to the OP, dbdrag seems to be moving pretty slow these days, i barely hear about any shows. so i think there is room for a new organization. your success will depend entirely on getting new competitors into the scene. most of the people competing in meca out here are/were brand new to competing.

im happy to see any new draws for car audio.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

There's a decent following up here in cali. I would definetly try it as I know a lot of others would.

well i would like to learn where the other failed also! that way i dont make the same mistake's

competition isnt about simulating where your head will be. if you race your car you dont go the speed you normally drive on the freeway lol. and i dont listen to music with my head 2 feet off the glass and a door open driving down the road so its not perfect either. and thats ok, it doesnt matter. as long as there is a standard that everyone has to follow to put you on a level playing field.

to the OP, dbdrag seems to be moving pretty slow these days, i barely hear about any shows. so i think there is room for a new organization. your success will depend entirely on getting new competitors into the scene. most of the people competing in meca out here are/were brand new to competing.

im happy to see any new draws for car audio.

well if and when i get started dbdrags might be in the future also depending on what the people want to see.I'm thinking about doing shows every 3 weeks or so to start and see where it goes from there.if it is as good as it sounds I will pick up the pace of the shows.also as i do this i hope to pick up a few sponsors for raffle prize's

Archived