KHRISS

what does a subwoofer box tuned at ? mean ?

52 posts in this topic

can someone explain thanks

yes i do can you tell me

Its where your box peaks at although in a car it want peak right there its only in the equation you have to put in alot of stuff such as the car's peak and etc. I cant go to in depth just tune around 35 :pardon:

The volume of the box and the size of the box are relevant to each other there is a box tuning calculator in the box design section very useful tuning a basic ported box just mean that the box will peak at a specific frequency I hope that helps

so how can i know whats my tune at ? thanks man for having jesus in your heart i appreciated alot

By measuring the size of the port and the volume of the box and plug those numbers in the box calculator should get you in the ball park

A port is like a horn. The sq inches of it, in relationship to the length of it + the cubic footage of the box, will produce a particular resonant frequency (which should be all of the lowest frequencies your trying to produce). It might sound REALLY complicated, but in reality, nowadays, they have all of these box calculators which do all of the math for you. Chris Torres (one of the regular members here) has an awesome calculator that you can use.

And it's ALWAYS a good idea to talk to the manufacturer of your sub(s) to find out what the optimum cubic footage, and tuned port frequency is, for your subs.

After that it's really just a "follow the numbers" thing. Some programs even produce a "cut sheet" for your wood. You can then take that right down to Home Depot, or Lowes, and let them cut your wood for you. Bring it home, slap it together, and Bam ! Have all your friends tripping with > "You built this box all by yourself" ? Well kind of... right ? ;)

Peace,

Fish

yes i do can you tell me

hey whats up fish chris hey your F150 is sick man i like it alot my son loves fishes i dont know why lol thanks ill keep that in mind

lets say i have a sealed box?