Sonic Electronix

I've always been a fan of rockford, but i've always wondered could rockford be considered one of those sound quality companies like focal, hertz, blues audio, etc etc, i'm referring to rockfords power series equipment like component speakers and subwoofers, like if I were to take all the rockford equipment needed to do an SQ install could it be done and sound just as good as if I used hertz, focal, blues audio, etc etc? what's your opinion?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

It may sound good, but it won't be on the same level as Morel/Hertz/Focal/etc.

what's so different in the speaker construction that makes them so much better?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

imo its not so much the equipment, its the quality of the install.

Maybe for getting loud. Amazing sounding speakers and such still heavily depends on the equipment themselves, although tuning can still play a big role. But theres a reason noones winning SQ comps with $100 coaxial sets...

Edited by tonedeaf

So . . . if I had a Honda and I wanted to make it fast, then that wouldn't be possible? You guys just kill me sometimes.

I heard my first "SQ" system in about 1986 - long before folks even used that term. The system had Morel speakers - at the time, considered pretty exotic. And it definitely sounded good to my ears. Morel fell out of favor with the SQ crowd as MB Quart and Dynaudio became the "in" brands. Then, they fell out of favor as Focal became the go to brand. Now Hertz / Audison is definitely the go to brand in that arena.

In my travels, I've heard countless cost no object systems built around the best gear that money could buy. Focal Berylliums . . . Dynaudio 3-way components . . . So, which one was best? Simple - the system that Terry SooHoo and gang at Paradyme in Sacramento, CA assembled to compete in a nationwide contest Sony put on. It had about $750 worth of gear in the vehicle at retail (including speakers and amps) . . . and the front component speakers were $169 / pair tops. Now don't get me wrong . . . all I kept thinking was . . . imagine if Terry started with some GOOD stuff!

Know how - 95% . . . Brand - 5% . . .

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif