Has anyone put a 2000-06 Tahoe frame on the ground

Just wondering if anyone on here has put a 2000-06 tahoe frame on the gound and what all you did to acomplish it. I have a 2005 Chevy tahoe. So far I have Installed djm upper and lower 3" drop a arms, mcgauys 2" drop spindals, I figure the last 3" I will get from the air struts wondering if I will have to cut or bend my inner wheel wells.

As for the back i can already see i have to c notch the frame. already cut off 3" of frame, ordered a adjustable pan hard rod because the ass end in shifting to the right a good inch plus. and the top of my pan hard rod is hitting the cross brace I will have to cut out.

Looking for other peoples experiance and trials and errors. I can easily see this isnt a project alot of people would tachle as I get further and further into it. Even with the bags down to the 3" compressed i dnt think the frame will be on the ground in the back..... thats where i draw the line. not willing to take up my trunk having the rear end in my trunk.... Love my sounds way to much and need the airspace...

would like to hear from people with 2000-06 that have first hand knowledge

I have an 02 tahoe laying frame on 26s. It takes a lot of work to get one to lay frame. I had to shorten the rear end and also needed to tub out in rear door jam and interior. It's going to require a good size notch which will mean you're gonna lose some space in the back.

I can't figure out how to post pics from my phone, but I can when I get home.

I would like to see what you did. I can also give you my email and you could send them to me. Im very lucky i stuck with my 24s and i had to sell my pirelli 35 series and drop to 30 series or it would rub in the front wheel well when turning just dropped 6" in the front. Im hoping i wouldnt have to mess with my door jams. did you move your rear control arms off the bottom of the frame?

Aired Out

IMAG0545.jpg

Fully lifted

IMAG0544.jpg

Heres the link to my photobucket

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/rc_customs/Tahoe/

I went with a simple 2 link in the rear. Used a fuel cell so I wouldnt drag thru it lol. I have it at work to paint it but I can get you more pics of anything you'd like. Also my email is [email protected] if you want to chat. Also, www.gmfullsize.com has alot of good info.

Rafael

ok.... stupic question... whats a 2 link. i know what a 4 link is i think... whats a 2 link.. you cant only hold your axel from one side.. you have to hold it from top and bottom....

depends on where your link bars are located on your axel,if even in the middle it can be done,a 3 link is more recommended but to lay frame your gonna have to monster c notch it,mini tubs are prolly gonna need done to. you gonna lose some rear sound space but you gonna wanna change out to a fuel cell as well cause dragging through gas tank is REALLY REALLY PLAYING WITH DEATH.

ROYAL DIAMONDS CAR CLUB "VICE PRESIDENT"
90 ISUZU PICKUP "BLOOD BATH"
XENON H.I.D. KITS BY G&M AUTOSPORT
XENON KITS ONLINE BY G&M AUTOSPORT DIRECT WEBSITE