Bash plate amps

I have a JL 12w0v2 sitting around my parents garage doing nothing. I have no subwoofer in my house, just 2 bose 201s I got for cheap. They sound good enough but lack in the low end. So I thought why not build a box for my JL and use it!

But I know NOTHING about home audio outside of hooking up a receiver, DVD player, TV and game consoles, the basic stuff more or less.

I have no desire to go the 12v route in my house, I have access to 110v so I'm gonna use it and from what I have read a plate amp is the way to do. I know nothing about plate amps so I found this Bash 300W plate amp that is a perfect match (watts and ohm wise) to the JL. I don't know if Bash is a good brand or if they are the Pyle and Rockwoods of home audio.

Plus, do you put this amp right onto the sub box? It looks like that is the idea based on the picture.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

uhm i dont know about the brand if its a good one or not but i know that these amps do get put into the box, like what you find on your bought powered subwoofers, computer subs etc

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

ive heard good things about bash. ive almost bought a few of them myself (but money runs out you know how it is)

the one thing you might wanna do with that particular one is to cover up the circuitry. most plate amps have this plastic cover on them inside the box which keeps all the bad shit out of it

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Yep, Bash amps are pretty decent. Only reason I haven't built a custom sub enclosure for my HT yet is cause when I was in the market, PE was sold out of the one I wanted.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

The bash plate amps are not bad at all.

Another option is the dayton audio plate amps, last i checked the 240w version was on sale for $98 on parts express. I bought one when they were $150 a year or so ago and it is a solid amp

still on sale: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-804

Edited by mrd6

Team NorthWestSPL

I have a BASH 500 watt plate amp pushing 4 12"s. I NEVER use even 1/8th of it. It gets down. I have broken things in my house. LOL. Doesn't get hot, have never had problems. I recommend them. :good:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.