Louder in colder weather ???

Yesterday here in Nor Cal, we broke our heat wave, with a big delta wind. Dropped about 25-30 degrees, in a 24 hr period.

So last evening, I went out for a little music fix, and wow ! Everything was so much louder, and cleaner.

The one obvious difference, was that my alternator was holding at like 14.3V, compared to 13.3V, on a hotter day.

But is this the "only thing" that made the difference ? I've heard something about colder air being denser, or something like that ???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh hey, speaking of higher voltages, can somebody remind me of that setup that will hold your voltage rock solid at whatever voltage you set it for ? I think 15.2 - 15.5 would be good :)

Peace,

Fish

fish your thinking of the xs power vcm. and i have always figured when its colder the air is dense and so it moves more with less push. plus everything can cool off faster. due to the surrounding air being cold

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

Well, depending on how you look at it, I'm getting higher voltage, because of the colder weather.... So from that standpoint, the colder weather has a lot to do with it.

But yea', I know what your saying, and I think that must be at least "most" of the difference.

Peace,

Fish

i will put a 100 on it saying he is louder and cleaner cause of the higher voltage cold weather has nothing to do with it sounding better

It also gets louder with elevation as well.i remember kasey and i would be slammin to 99vics house as soon as we climb this big ass hill turns brutal out of no where

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Now that's interesting too. Of course the air gets thinner, as you get higher, but I wouldn't have known whether the air up higher was harder to push, since their was less of it to push, or easier to push, because it was thinner.... Apparently the latter, huh ?

Fish

It also gets louder with elevation as well.i remember kasey and i would be slammin to 99vics house as soon as we climb this big ass hill turns brutal out of no where

fish your thinking of the xs power vcm. and i have always figured when its colder the air is dense and so it moves more with less push. plus everything can cool off faster. due to the surrounding air being cold

I believe you're right with the VCM. But I also believe he's misunderstanding the concept of the VCM.

The VCM ensures that your Alt will charge at the set voltage, not "hold your voltage rock solid." You can have a VCM but a garbage electrical and you'll still have bad voltage drops.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k