hello i recieved my DD-1 and went to go test it out. i have a completely alpine system. My HU distorts at 29 at 1khz and it doesnt distort at all at 40hz. amd 35 being max for my hu. now i got my mids and highs amp(alpine F-300) beautifully, they sound amazing. i have 2 alpine MRP-500s powering 2 alpine 12in type Rs(each amp powers its own sub.) now this is were i got beyond confused. i figured id make my MAX valume to be 31 just to be safe as this was my first attempt with the DD-1. so i had the volume on 31 changed it over to track 7. one of my bass amps distorted roughly around 3/4 and the other one didnt distort even with the gain nob on full. and it didnt show a 40hz led on the DD-1.. so i thought WTF? so i just followed what my other bass amp said since they are the exact same and powering the same sub.. turned it up slowly sounded like pure shit. went back at it again. this time my DD-1 said it distorts just over 1/4 on the gain nob. on that low of a gain it doesnt even know a "signal" led on the DD-1. it doesnt make any sense to me what so ever. i also fear that my subs are blown to pieces because it was that bad. and it smells like a burnt voice coil. but its dark now and i just gave up for now hoping to go back tomarrow with working subs.... any suggestions on why this is.???

Edited by boxman420

2001 Monte carlo 2-Crescendo BC5500 Bass, Crescendo 1600.2 and crescendo 1100.4 mids and highs

clarion-702, 4 ZVX 15s walled, RF 360.3, knukonceptz, toolmaker, DC power 270xp and DC power 370xp alts, PWX mids, FT1 tweets,

first thing you need to gain match your amps since they won't put out the exact same power. DD1 dooes not do that.

Second amps may use the + or - as the power side. you need to put the red probe on both sides.

any way..... I suggest setting your HU to the desired volume, then gain matching your amps at said volume/thread

allright i just looked up how to do that so i will do that tomarrow. i appreciate the help. just hope my subs are okay.

2001 Monte carlo 2-Crescendo BC5500 Bass, Crescendo 1600.2 and crescendo 1100.4 mids and highs

clarion-702, 4 ZVX 15s walled, RF 360.3, knukonceptz, toolmaker, DC power 270xp and DC power 370xp alts, PWX mids, FT1 tweets,

lol yes i saw that as i was looking around. i see the words "louder" and i got excited

allright i just looked up how to do that so i will do that tomarrow. i appreciate the help. just hope my subs are okay.

you're welcome! type R's will take a good bit of abuse, so you'd be hard pressed to clip one to death in a short time a that little power, now if you has a 1000 to each then maybe lol

thanks again man! i used a DMM and set the gains on my amps and they are 100% spot on. and i found were they distort at with the DD-1. and they arnt blown! they are pounding harder then ever. this dd-1 is awesome.

thanks again man! i used a DMM and set the gains on my amps and they are 100% spot on. and i found were they distort at with the DD-1. and they arnt blown! they are pounding harder then ever. this dd-1 is awesome.

glad to hear you worked it out man, yes its a very good tool

Please remember, just because the DD-1 says you can turn it up that high without distortion doesn't mean that the subs can take that full power (just saying in general, and not particularly your setup).

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks