Using spray on or roll on Bedliner on Outside of roof

Ok, so I know there is one thread on here already about DIY bed liners:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/120932-roll-on-bed-liner/

But this guy was using it for its intended purpose.

I have been thinking about using some on my Roof. I know this has been done before, and someone on here (I can't remember who) I know had some on his roof at one time.

Since my van is white (and white won't make it as hot inside during the summer) I would go with white. What I am really afraid of is fading... I know it is white, but it could turn Yellow. Ick. So- does anyone have experience with this? If I did it (myself or paid someone- say Rhino or Line-X) would it make an appreciable difference to reduce flex and noise? If I did it myself, would it look like complete dog crap? ...it isn't like my van is pretty now, but why put in work to keep it ugly? Catch my drift? :ehh:

I saw in the other thread how there are several people who vouch for Herculiner and that they make a non-fading seal you can put on.

http://www.herculiner.com/

Any input is greatly appreciated!

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

from everything ive gathered its for structural integrity. it helps hold guys together that are ripping sheetmetal and stuff. you could always do a black and do it like a two tone. Do the upper half in the lining.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Trulywickedcustoms has it on the roof of his burban, id pm him.

I think he got it sprayed by a shop

Cool. I will def. give him a shout. Thanks!

from everything ive gathered its for structural integrity. it helps hold guys together that are ripping sheetmetal and stuff. you could always do a black and do it like a two tone. Do the upper half in the lining.

I thought about that. Like I said, the only reason (really) to do it in white is for the heat. Seems like black would soak up the heat more- and here in the south, in the summer at 105 degrees sometimes, that would suck! As for where the material would go- the "design" if you want to call it that- of the van makes it pretty easy to pick the line. It is just the top side of the box. LOL

Same price for the white HERCULINER as the black or grey. According to the write up, it doesn't need the UV sealant / protectant.

http://www.247autoparts.com/store/herculiner.html

It says it is enough for a 6' truck bed. <_< May not be enough since the van is longer than that... but, that difference may be made up for in what they count for doing the sides of the bed.

$139. That is cheap enough to make it worth a try. :pardon:

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Ask ray about it to dc98hoe

he sprayed had it sprayed on the top

He just tookit off because it changed his meca class or something.... you could pm him too

I thought his truck looked badass with it on

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Try giving herculiner a call. Ask them if you could shoot automotive paint on top. That way you could have a good match without it fading.

Good Idea. I've seen online how some people said they thought it could be painted over.

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

I think Assman sprayed it on the roof of his Astro in yellow. I haven't seen him on here for a long time. Maybe you could pm him and ask him about it.

Excellent. Yeah, I haven't seen him in a minute either. :shrug: But thanks for the heads up Namosh. I appreciate it.

I am just toying with the Idea, you know? I know I can get the black bed liner for like $80 but the white is $140 or so. -Tempted to do it black. I really would if the stuff can be painted with good LONG TERM results. Hell- the van is 23 years old now. ...wouldn't mind seeing how long I can make it stick around. 8)

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel