Second Skin Audio

Enclosure Questions

Coolbeans

Well I want to build a SPL box, just for being loud. I want to tune a slot port 5cu.ft box around 45-50Hz, atleast i think i do, but maybe i should look at tuning it different idk what do yall think.

What i got:

1 Fi BL15, which scored a 137.(something) with a regular 5cu.ft box tuned to 32Hz with 2 4inch aero ports last time i metered, now i want more.

Audiopipe 1500D, will see around a little over a 1000watts

but ya just want to build a spl box, if you have any suggestions please throw it my why, but an explanation would help so i know why, i hate when its just "do this" well why?

Also when building a slot port, what i want to do it put like a 45degree cut on the end of the port where the edges of the wood surround the port, and also where the port truns at a 90degree angle at the back i want to make that into a 45degree angle. but does doing either of those effect the tuning of the box, here a picture to show what im talkin about

please dont get upset its a rough sketch

HHDIDID.png

changing those angles to 45's can affect the tuning. it helps with the air flow movement.

sometimes not adding or adding them doesnt make much of a difference. alot of the little things to gain numbers are vehicle specific and require testing.

personally i believe 5cubes for a 15 is alot more than what you should use. i think 3 cubes net is what most 15's like to be in. but im not sure what the differences are on building spl boxes and normal sq boxes. so i could be wrong

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

you dont have alot of power so id stay on the larger side box wise, but i agree 5 is a bit too big. 4 net should do well. also, for spl you typically want ALOT of port area. 20"+ per cube are common numbers in spl boxes. also, 45's in the pressure corners would help. roundovers on the port edges. glass on the the inside. lotsa little things as mentioned. but those are the basics i can think of.

1999 Ford ExplorerTeam Sundown Audio4th 2012 Db Drag WF Street Stock 150.8dbYoutube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/user/BoomyurblownOperation 156 No wall Build Log!http://www.stevemead...x/#entry2196123

check out the spl gains thread (which i'm too lazy to link). it's got a lot of little tips tricks and tidbits to help you push numbers.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived