65 members have voted

1. 1. My overall experience with DC Power has been:

• Great
    • Bad
    • No experience with DC Power but heard GREAT things
    • No experience with DC Power but heard BAD things.

DCPower for me all day.My order for 2 270xp alts went super smooth.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Well, i ordered a 270 xp for my car off of their website and it said when i ordered it that they were in stock. After waiting about 2 weeks, i get in touch with them and then they tell me that they were waiting on parts to build mine. Then they changed their webstie to say out of stock. After about of month of waiting, i finally get it and the connections were not right. After getting in touch with them and showing them pics of the problem, they admitted they screwed up and for me to send it back. No telling how much longer i will have to wait. :( So my experience is not so great so far. Hopefully they will get it right and send it back asap.

Well, i finally get my alternator back and get it installed with some shimming and buying a longer belt so i can run it. Dc power makes a great quality alternator, but customer service is lacking, and the info printed on their website is not entirely accurate. However, i am looking forward to the great idle amperage!!

2000 zx2: Rebuild with 8 12s on a 10k underway!!

MY BUILD LOG

Mine took a long time to get to me, but my alternator is a one off alternator so it was all good, also i was in contact pretty much whenever i wanted with Robbie. Great company and great guys.

For me... BAD! I have been waiting 5 months for a working alt... Got it once, wrong one and sent it back. Got it the second time, was the right one, but wouldn't charge. Sent it back again and have been getting the run around since September. Keep waiting for SOMEONE to tell me SOMETHING and it be what it is. Talked to Stan monday (again) and according to him they are STILL working on my alt. Said he'd give me a call and nothing, same thing everytime. I understand they are a small company and i'm really trying to be patient, but I ordered the thing 5 months ago, patience is starting to run veeerrryyyy thin.

Recieved my alt this week and installed it. Took about 2 hours on my GTI to get it in but fit right up and plugged in like a charm. I dont drop below 13.4v at idle with my 320 XP. Glad I didnt go with another company because there alts are beasts. Yeah DCs customer service sucks but there products make up for it.

thanks again!

2005 VW GTI 1.8T

(4) Fi BTL N2 15s/ 4th order bandpass

(2) Crescendo BC5500s

Crescendo c1000.4

(4) Selenium 6w4p (Q logic Kicks)

Crescendo FT1 tweeters

3 runs of 4/0

Too much 1/0

DC power Engineering 320 XP ~235A at idle

3 XS D3100s

Recieved my alt this week and installed it. Took about 2 hours on my GTI to get it in but fit right up and plugged in like a charm. I dont drop below 13.4v at idle with my 320 XP. Glad I didnt go with another company because there alts are beasts. Yeah DCs customer service sucks but there products make up for it.

thanks again!

which GTI do you have? 2 hours seems like a long time.

thanks again!

which GTI do you have? 2 hours seems like a long time.

GTI 1.8T 2005. I did it without taking the power steering hoses out. Plus I had to go get ring terminals but other than that I would say a solid hour of work and it was complete. Also I had to get help with the tensioner pully.

2005 VW GTI 1.8T

(2) Crescendo BC5500s

Crescendo c1000.4

Crescendo FT1 tweeters

3 runs of 4/0

Too much 1/0

3 XS D3100s

my vw alt took about 10 minutes

Yeah this was my first alt swap in any vehicle. It was located under a pipe leading to the SMIC. Once I removed that it was rather easy getting to the alt. But everything went good with the new alt to the pully.

2005 VW GTI 1.8T

(2) Crescendo BC5500s

Crescendo c1000.4

Crescendo FT1 tweeters

3 runs of 4/0

Too much 1/0

3 XS D3100s

DSC_0946.jpg

DUH WINNING!!!

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Archived