65 members have voted

1. 1. My overall experience with DC Power has been:

• Great
    • Bad
    • No experience with DC Power but heard GREAT things
    • No experience with DC Power but heard BAD things.

Let me start by saying this is not a bashing thread against DC Power Engineering. I actually hope this works out in DC's favor but after a reading few threads on other forums this got me thinking.

I started this thread because you always hear of the occasional bad experience with a customer and then you have those people that say nobody ever writes if they have a good experience with a customer or there customer service. I have been getting mixed reviews on DC Power Engineering. I heard they had a great product but I have also heard some nightmare stories with there customer service.

So overall how would you rate DC Power, if you had a friend that asked for your advice.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GREAT!! Maybe I caught them at the right time, but they got my alt ready QUICK, including a perfect color match to my car. Then they invited me down to the shop to install it and do some comparisons on the bench with my old Iraggi.

They do large order contracts for the gov't. A lot of delays happen when they are trying to knock out these contracts. Car audio orientated alt upgrades is not their primary business. Even if I had to wait 6 months for an alt like the one I have now(270XP), it would be well worth it.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

GREAT!! Maybe I caught them at the right time, but they got my alt ready QUICK, including a perfect color match to my car. Then they invited me down to the shop to install it and do some comparisons on the bench with my old Iraggi.

They do large order contracts for the gov't. A lot of delays happen when they are trying to knock out these contracts. Car audio orientated alt upgrades is not their primary business. Even if I had to wait 6 months for an alt like the one I have now(270XP), it would be well worth it.

Thanks for the reply Orion. I have heard nothing but great things about their work.

But did not know that about them working with outside Govt contractors.

they called me back on their personal phones after i talked to someone in their shop. shipped my alt the same day i paid. nothing could have made their CC better during all my dealings with DCpower.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I've bought 3 alts from them. 1st one came very quickly, 2nd one took a while, 3rd I've been waiting a long time for. I'm not happy about it, but I know it'll be worth the wait.

They seem to be very quick on delivering GM alts, so I'm guessing part of their GOVT/fleet stuff uses a GM alt.

My last alt is a 390xp, purple powdercoated, and custom machined to bolt on where the AC compressor was. So I understand it taking a while...

Well, I won my 275amp ALT in SOTM in feb 2010, they over nighted it to me

I got it in and has been working fine since I put it in.

HOWEVER, their CS completely SUCKS. A few months ago I was having charging issues. Upon my own troubleshooting ect, I saw that the plastic housing on the side of the alt that holds the harness in snapped, so the plug would come loose and lose connection causing me to have no charging. I sent a ticket into their "new customer support system" waited 6 days for a reply. Mind you my alternator has a 2 year full warranty, which no issues with the alt or any part of it other than the plastic casing that can be pulled off in 3 seconds. Kyle told me (responded to my ticket) I would have to send the alt in, they would have to visually inspect it, trouble shoot it, ect (it's only a plastic cover, REALLY) then I would need to PAY for them having to inspect it plus the new part, and shipping back..I expected to have to pay shipping but why all that other shit if it's still under a full warranty? AND they couldn't even give me a total before sending it in, so I could have sent it in blind, wondering if it'll cost 50$ or 400$, Kyle then told me to email him personally to "speed" up the process (lmao dc power and speed??) with my ticket number in the subject.

This was 3 months ago, no reply to that message, after 4 weeks of no reply I sent it again, yes the correct email because I had an inquiry with him in the past.

So good product, terrible CS

Long story short, I pulled my alt out, put the plug in..glued the plastic clip to the casing, put insolation tape around it to hold steady and it works, comes loose occasionally though still

Mechman I emailed as well, told me of I sent it in he'd work out a new casing for it and I'd pay for that(expected) and even test the alt and get power clamps at idle and max output numbers ect (free of charge) and if it wasn't putting out the numbers it's "supposed" to, he'd disassemble it, tweak some shit until it did its rating(small fee) - and that's with an alt from a different company

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

If I had a friend, I would tell him DC probably makes some of the meanest alternators out there hands down. Price and time are the normal complaints, but guess what...they do not have a shelf of these alts just sittnig by the hundreds. If you are ok with the price, and do not mind waiting, get them.

If not, there's Singer alternators and Mechman. Great units, great customer service, great shipment time.

That being said, I think this thread is a waste. You are going to have people who have had problems, you are also going to have people that were blessed. So all you did was just add to the confusion you already have, thus not solving the issue which prompted the thread anyways. People are always so stuck on the fence, and I know you want to spend your hard earned cash most efficiently as possible, but there has to be a line.

Mechman is a partner now to the site. I run Mechamn, never an issue. And even more important, when I did have a single issue, it was resolved quickly, efficiently, and professionally. It is not always about whether or not there was an issue, but how a company handles the issue when it arises. Good luck.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

there isnt anything between GREAT and BAD? like for example great product shit costumer service. although rob took care of me.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Well, I won my 275amp ALT in SOTM in feb 2010, they over nighted it to me

I got it in and has been working fine since I put it in.

HOWEVER, their CS completely SUCKS. A few months ago I was having charging issues. Upon my own troubleshooting ect, I saw that the plastic housing on the side of the alt that holds the harness in snapped, so the plug would come loose and lose connection causing me to have no charging. I sent a ticket into their "new customer support system" waited 6 days for a reply. Mind you my alternator has a 2 year full warranty, which no issues with the alt or any part of it other than the plastic casing that can be pulled off in 3 seconds. Kyle told me (responded to my ticket) I would have to send the alt in, they would have to visually inspect it, trouble shoot it, ect (it's only a plastic cover, REALLY) then I would need to PAY for them having to inspect it plus the new part, and shipping back..I expected to have to pay shipping but why all that other shit if it's still under a full warranty? AND they couldn't even give me a total before sending it in, so I could have sent it in blind, wondering if it'll cost 50$ or 400$, Kyle then told me to email him personally to "speed" up the process (lmao dc power and speed??) with my ticket number in the subject.

This was 3 months ago, no reply to that message, after 4 weeks of no reply I sent it again, yes the correct email because I had an inquiry with him in the past.

So good product, terrible CS

Long story short, I pulled my alt out, put the plug in..glued the plastic clip to the casing, put insolation tape around it to hold steady and it works, comes loose occasionally though still

Mechman I emailed as well, told me of I sent it in he'd work out a new casing for it and I'd pay for that(expected) and even test the alt and get power clamps at idle and max output numbers ect (free of charge) and if it wasn't putting out the numbers it's "supposed" to, he'd disassemble it, tweak some shit until it did its rating(small fee) - and that's with an alt from a different company

Thanks for the post. And that’s basically the major underlining problem I have heard about DC Power. Great product (for the most part) but horrible CS.

That is also pretty shocking that you would have to pay anymore than shipping for a product that falls under warranty. The least they could do is put a CAP on the amount you as the customer are liable to pay for a product under warranty. (i.e.; the product still falls under the 2 year warranty you will be charged no more than $75 for repairs)

Archived