DC Sound Lab

Ok, so I've been smelling my voice coils getting hot lately so I figured it's time to start saving up for new woofers. I think I want lvl 6 15" but idk if they would be good for what I like to do. A kid here has lvl 4 15" with upgraded soft parts. But I wanna get bigger and louder than him.

I like to drive around with the subs up usually not super loud but loud enough, for me to feel vibrations. So whatever subs I get will he daily drivers as well as competition (if they ever have another one around here). Which subs would probably be the best for me with what I like to do. And how much would they be.

I also just like to sit and pound (idk if thats the right term to use on here but oh well) the subs. Any suggestions will be appreciated even if not dc products.

Get an XL 15, beast woofer, I don't think you'll have proper power to throw at a lvl 6, even a lvl 5 at that, and the price you'd shell out for a lvl 6 15 would run you well..you could buy 3-4 XL 15s lmao

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

And yes I know I will need to upgrade my electrical system. And idk for sure what all I have in the electrical. I'll probably redo a lot of electrical when I start getting stuff

From the sounds of it, right now I would sugjest some xl's. When you get those going, and have updated your electrical to get them moving to there full potential. Then look at upgrading to something bigger. But to not even know what you have for electrical right now and then try and jump strait to lvl 6's you will likely run into allot of problems, from not enough funds and one sub sitting in your bedroom for 3 years with no batterys, amps, or the proper wireing to run it or you get all the stuff you need, and then from lack of exsperiance blow some or all of the equipment amongst other things.

I just posted my xl 15 in fs thread. They are great woofers take a beating. I beat on mine for really long drives on 2k and barely got warm at all just hot enough to notice it

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

And yes I know I will need to upgrade my electrical system. And idk for sure what all I have in the electrical. I'll probably redo a lot of electrical when I start getting stuff

From the sounds of it, right now I would sugjest some xl's. When you get those going, and have updated your electrical to get them moving to there full potential. Then look at upgrading to something bigger. But to not even know what you have for electrical right now and then try and jump strait to lvl 6's you will likely run into allot of problems, from not enough funds and one sub sitting in your bedroom for 3 years with no batterys, amps, or the proper wireing to run it or you get all the stuff you need, and then from lack of exsperiance blow some or all of the equipment amongst other things.

How do I know what kind of electrical I have? I've tried searching but I think it's a glitch on my computer but the search doesn't work. So how do I know what kind of electrical I have. How do I know what volt system and everything? (I feel stupid but those are all serious questions)

What vehicle do you have? Have you upgraded your big 3 wiring, alternator, or battery?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.