Second Skin Audio

Box Question

c_stud

I just preordered my skar vvx15 dual 4 i plan on wiring it at 2 ohms on a planet audio 300.4. Now my real question is do i put it in a smaller box for the less watts than capable like 1.5-2 cubes tuned to 32hz or do i put it in a bigger box like 3.5-4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

The sub is 600 RMS from what I can tell?

It will be @ 4 ohms on 2 channels. You should really get a monoblock... Seeing as it's a PA Amp who knows if it does what it's rated at.

It looks like you will be running it at what it's rated at for RMS (hopefully) so check what size they recommend for a box and go from there. I'm not knowledgeable about sub boxes but maybe someone who is will pop by.

If you don't mind me asking... what did you pay for a 600 RMS 15"?

I paid 165 shipped. It's all I have right now running my miss and highs. I plan on getting a Sundown 1200d in the future with another Skar

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

If it's not too late to cancel the transaction...

15" Alpine Type R for $199.95 shipped. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000NT2E98/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1318635038&sr=1-1&condition=new

From first hand experience... Don't go by Alpine's box recommendations... I had a 3 cube box with their port size and recommended tuning of 30hz... and it was garbage. The other one was 6 cubes or something tuned to 25hz and DOMINATED the low lows and medium lows.

The 3 cube box did not hit the lows at all >.>. I sold it with the 3 cube box to my friend with a 300zx hatchback and the subs way better in there. Stupid hatchbacks >.>

Archived