Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

loks good and good idea.....& u could always fiberglass cup holders

How would i get it to be a perfect circle tho?? And thanks man!!

you could use a cardboard tube this size of the cups you will be using or a large McDonald's cup would work as well and the mc.ds cup may/should pull out while it is drying ...not sure 100% just idea's but thats what i would do if it was me

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

Posted

my dad made carbon fiber gauge pods for his chevelle once almost like you tried with the cup holders but he wrapped the glass around the outside of the cup. try doing that instead and you wont need to use any shirt material or anything, just glass. what i was gonna do in my car is glass around the bottom of an arizona can since that mostly the only thing i drink, and make a cup holder from that

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

Posted

First off, Here is my work area, I like to keep it OCD clean ;)

106_0113-1.jpg

Today wrapped the box so it was ready to fiberglass. Here is the glue i used. Its cheap, and works great.

106_0114.jpg

Here it is, wrapped.

106_0115.jpg

Next i trimmed the edges off. I want to start glassing but i have only enough resin to do one coat. I think im going to order some resin off of US Composites. Its all ready to glass!

106_0116.jpg

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Posted

Oh and I forgot to add, I'm going to autozone tomorrow to see if they have cupholders. If they do I will fiberglass the console, cut holes and drop the holders in. :) if not I'll have to order some.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Posted

Today I went to autozone.. to get in the zone. Well they didn't have any cup holders that would work. So I don't know what im going to do now. Here is what i did do tho!

I covered the box in resin and let it dry for 10 minutes or so.

106_0117.jpg

Then I cut some squares of fiberglass. (Wear a dust mask, you do want fiberglass in your lungs)

106_0118.jpg

I couldn't take pictures while i was fiber glassing so here it is after! My cleanest job yet. Still wet in the pics but overall i think it looks damn good.

106_0119.jpg

Close up of the fiberglass

106_0120.jpg

Some lessons learned.

Last time i fiber glassed i just ripped the mat and then started laying on the resin. It made a mess. This time i cut the mat, making it nice and clean. It worked a lot better ;)

The other lesson was dont trim off your fabric until you are done fiber glassing if you don't use staples. The resin ate the glue off of some places that i had trimmed a bit to short and made it sag. It will be okay but next time i will wait to trim it (: What you guys think??

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Posted

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/122279-removable-console-build/page__view__findpost__p__1724914

did you see i posted this suggestion for the cup holders?

another thing that my dad taught me was that if you rip the mat instead of cutting it, it lays down much smoother.

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

Posted

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/122279-removable-console-build/page__view__findpost__p__1724914

did you see i posted this suggestion for the cup holders?

another thing that my dad taught me was that if you rip the mat instead of cutting it, it lays down much smoother.

I am actually leaning towards that! haha and when i rip the mat it makes a mess.. i cut it this time and it laid smoother for me. weird.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 552 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...