extremeauto Posted October 17, 2011 Report Posted October 17, 2011 loks good and good idea.....& u could always fiberglass cup holders How would i get it to be a perfect circle tho?? And thanks man!! you could use a cardboard tube this size of the cups you will be using or a large McDonald's cup would work as well and the mc.ds cup may/should pull out while it is drying ...not sure 100% just idea's but thats what i would do if it was me 1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget ballistics sound deader (roof only so far) kenwood mp3 usb audio control 3 (upgrading) hifonics mx-3 3 sets of massive px5 5.25s 3 sets of massive tweets phonix gold 5.25 componets x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids sony xplod 600x4 watt high's 2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz 13.2 cube box/wall massive DB8000 Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge big 3 raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt scytek galaxy 2way alarm still upgradeing!
6berry Posted October 17, 2011 Report Posted October 17, 2011 my dad made carbon fiber gauge pods for his chevelle once almost like you tried with the cup holders but he wrapped the glass around the outside of the cup. try doing that instead and you wont need to use any shirt material or anything, just glass. what i was gonna do in my car is glass around the bottom of an arizona can since that mostly the only thing i drink, and make a cup holder from that 1999 Audi A4 1.8T::: 4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually) MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs Boston S50 Components in Front Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear 40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier Build Thread UBL 1948 Plymouth
Twostrokeking Posted October 18, 2011 Author Report Posted October 18, 2011 First off, Here is my work area, I like to keep it OCD clean Today wrapped the box so it was ready to fiberglass. Here is the glue i used. Its cheap, and works great. Here it is, wrapped. Next i trimmed the edges off. I want to start glassing but i have only enough resin to do one coat. I think im going to order some resin off of US Composites. Its all ready to glass! My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
Twostrokeking Posted October 18, 2011 Author Report Posted October 18, 2011 Oh and I forgot to add, I'm going to autozone tomorrow to see if they have cupholders. If they do I will fiberglass the console, cut holes and drop the holders in. if not I'll have to order some. My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
Twostrokeking Posted October 19, 2011 Author Report Posted October 19, 2011 Today I went to autozone.. to get in the zone. Well they didn't have any cup holders that would work. So I don't know what im going to do now. Here is what i did do tho! I covered the box in resin and let it dry for 10 minutes or so. Then I cut some squares of fiberglass. (Wear a dust mask, you do want fiberglass in your lungs) I couldn't take pictures while i was fiber glassing so here it is after! My cleanest job yet. Still wet in the pics but overall i think it looks damn good. Close up of the fiberglass Some lessons learned. Last time i fiber glassed i just ripped the mat and then started laying on the resin. It made a mess. This time i cut the mat, making it nice and clean. It worked a lot better The other lesson was dont trim off your fabric until you are done fiber glassing if you don't use staples. The resin ate the glue off of some places that i had trimmed a bit to short and made it sag. It will be okay but next time i will wait to trim it (: What you guys think?? My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
6berry Posted October 19, 2011 Report Posted October 19, 2011 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/122279-removable-console-build/page__view__findpost__p__1724914 did you see i posted this suggestion for the cup holders? another thing that my dad taught me was that if you rip the mat instead of cutting it, it lays down much smoother. 1999 Audi A4 1.8T::: 4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually) MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs Boston S50 Components in Front Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear 40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier Build Thread UBL 1948 Plymouth
scooter99 Posted October 19, 2011 Report Posted October 19, 2011 Nice start man! Keep it going! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Twostrokeking Posted October 19, 2011 Author Report Posted October 19, 2011 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/122279-removable-console-build/page__view__findpost__p__1724914 did you see i posted this suggestion for the cup holders? another thing that my dad taught me was that if you rip the mat instead of cutting it, it lays down much smoother. I am actually leaning towards that! haha and when i rip the mat it makes a mess.. i cut it this time and it laid smoother for me. weird. My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
Colin - STAPUFT Posted October 19, 2011 Report Posted October 19, 2011 Good job on the glass! 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.