Sundown Audio

Cant do these threads here

jmander11

FML Kranny you're good lol...

Okay, I looked up the fuses on the SPL amp and you're right... 120 amps.. my Alpine M-1000 is 100 amps... so you're right there.

So the SPL amp is out I guess...

So as of now I'm looking at the Audiopipe amp and the Soundstream amp.

Does the AudioPipe do rated, or more than rated? Cause it's RIGHT on the edge of my output needs.

How about the soundstream? From what I see it's 250 amp fuse... I'm hoping that's not what the external recommended one is..

Any input on a better amp or info on this Soundstream amp is welcome.

(I've already gotten rid of 2 crap amps so thanks for the input so far :) )

Edit: @teamace24: I'll definitely keep this amp at the top of my list... I just need something slightly larger... but if there's nothing out there for under $200 this will have to do :shrug:

Thanks for the input though!

Edited by jmander11

If you like get the 1800 all it does rated as well. Its basically the 1500 with a little more internals added to get the 300 watts.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

If you like get the 1800 all it does rated as well. Its basically the 1500 with a little more internals added to get the 300 watts.

Yup, this is the one I'm looking at... Barely puts out enough for my needs (will be under driving my current setup)

I believe I have a link to the amp on ebay in the first post.

What does you current system require that you NEED to run a certain amount of power to them?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

What does you current system require that you NEED to run a certain amount of power to them?

Ideally 1500 RMS... But I'm upgrading to a Fi 18" Fully Loaded Q-Bl-BTl.. One of the 3. It would be enough if I got got the Fi Q or BL @ 1ohm. For my current setup it would be acceptable.

I really want something that will make the Fi sub shine, and just run this one decently until I get it.

Edit: I see it has up to 16Volt capabilities.. What's it rated for with the 1800 @ 1 ohm and 1100 @ 2 ohms. Is it rated at 14.4 or 13.6?

Edited by jmander11

You say you have already gotten rid of two crap amps, but you keep looking at more! Study first, your off to a good start by asking the questions here.

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs