my little rant/rave section

no real way for me to go on a rant spree.

so TODAY some guy comes in, asking about a sound system in his old beater civic, so i give him some of our options, run a 4channel for the speakers upgrade the speakers themselves add a sub (or two) with a seperate amp. we tell him roughly in the thousand dollar range, considering he's going to be upgrading everything. thats not a bad deal considering we charge(normally) $125 an hour for labor. its not a rediculous quote by any means.

he says(and i quote) "i thought i could spend like 200 bucks bro"-with an ignorant look on his face and i say, well for that i can get you a entry level pair of alpines installed or a deck. and he insists INSISTS on me doing a full sound upgrade for under $500.

to me this is rediculous, we do above average work here(to be modest) and we dont fuck people on pricing at all. our labor's kinda high but your not at best buy getting some plug and play bullshit.

moving on to guy number two

he comes in with a brand new nissan 370Z and wants to get tint. so i go through and fill him in on the laws(to cover our ass) and say well in california any tint on the two fronts is illegal, anything more than 30% is asking to get a fix it ticket. he cuts me off mid sentence and says

"i know what im doing here im not some stupid little kid that wants to drive around a fucking limo"

so i stop and say well we can schedual for whenever your free provided its during our business hours 9-6

he again cuts me off to say i want to get it right now.

i said "our tinter is out doing a commercial job and he wont be back until 5, we would have to schedual your car another day we just dont have the means to do it at the moment.

meanwhile this guy is makign faces and noises to everything i have to say. he finally says fine we'll do it thursday and i say okay thats no problem, can you have the car hear around ten?

man says- no i work for a living you guys are just gunna have to find a way to pick it up from work

me- alright we can arrange that, where do you work?

man- in Glendale, and i dont want any random person taking my car from work

me- okay ill personally go get your car for you and have it back before 5 o'clock

man- fine, it better look good when i get it back and i want gas too.

me- thats no problem

man*sstorms off and peels out of our parking lot

so not only do i have to make a 45min drive to get this car thursday i have to get this motherfucker gas too!

and with that, my rant is over

468x60drc.jpg

I do installs for a few friends as they feel the need to upgrade and everything and I never charge labor (just food and such) and they're always baffled by the cost of audio equipment. Cheapest reasonable install for a deck, wiring, amp, box, and sub I've ever pulled off was like $550, and that didn't include new door speakers or door amp. Just ran them off the headunit. Audio's expensive if you want good stuff and people don't realize it.

Also, the tint guy is a dick. :drinks:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Also, the tint guy is a dick.

UNDER-CONSTRUCTION

''Old School Build''

maybe it sounds like an 18 cause theres 3 fucking "port" holes ghetto drilled in the "box"

190 db when your done?

Yea that's the lowest decibal ill be satisfied with when I'm done like I said its stage one and I lost my job u guys should consider shit instead of just talk it

lmao

I wouldnt pick up his car. No fucking way. He has to make it there himself.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Charge that tint guy for the gas and your inconvenience. Obviously he needs to understand that you work for a living and cant just do all of your work around other people's schedules. Im sure there are exceptions but i would save them for people who deserve the help. Respectful people. not jerks like that. but thats just my 2 cents.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

tint guy is getting chargedd an extra hour of labor, gas, my personal fee for my hour of work off the clock + tint and regular installation

if im installing for friends i always try and get them good deals and stuff but yes, audio is NOT cheap at all. you get EXACTLY what you pay for

468x60drc.jpg

you dont even want me to rant about work.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.