Hate to break it to ya buddy, but a chip, exhaust and intake will not give any diesel 750hp. Considering these trucks are advertised to have 365 at the crank...stock, how is a chip going to double the hp. Not gonna happen.

headshok - here is where I would start. If you can find out if the motor is direct injection or common rail injection then I'll see what I can get you. If it is direct injection, you can get a good boost of power by simply getting a matched/honed set of injectors. Second, is this motor computer controlled? I am not to aware of this motor but if it is not, then you can close down the wastegate on the turbo, put on a directed air intake and at least get a little more boost out of it.

Lastly, something that will affect you drastically. Aren't you located in Singapore? What are the laws in your area surounding stuff like this? Here in the states, we still have to have emissions (Opacity testing). So that really does limit what kind of add-ons that you can put on your vehicle, unless you want to take the parts on and off every year..lol

To answer your question on the A/F ratio. Yes, diesels still have an A/F range that they need to be within. But the range has a higher tolerance on these engines. Mainly because fuel is being compresses vs burned (yes i know some diesel have glow plugs, but they DO funtion different than sparkplugs, heating the fuel not burning it). Diesel will take what fuel it can not burn and usually recycle it out the tailpipe, to keep the A/F within it's range However, the more air that is injected, the more fuel it can burn. Keep in mind as well that the more fuel you inject, the higher the Exhaust Gas Temperatures, which can lead to an engine melting down. So there really is an art to adding safe power to diesels. Please don't hesitate to post up any questions that you have...as myself and others will do what we can to help you out.

kev

the new duramax diesel is rated for 500 hp at the wheels is what the dyno sheet said that my friend ran. than after getting the factory options of the cold air intake the chip and the banks exhaust he brought me another dyno sheet that was like 746 so maybe he was messin with me and hookep up propane or meth injection but i know he spent around another 4-5 grand for the performance parts and the only part i know the price of was the banks exhaust was 1500 for i dont know what model. and i forgot to mention a smaller turbo pulley, so unless he was using somone elses truck dyno sheet thats what it was

Tell your buddy he was lied to. Trust me..take if from someone who raced diesel trucks for several years. I have first hand experience on what it takes to get a truck up to 750 hp. BTW, between stock hp and a banks biggest package (rated at 140hp) he still wouldn't make 750. He would have to have at least performance tuned bi-turbos, drugs and injections to even come close. I'm not trying to argue with you just set the facts straight is all. People talk hp, but not many can walk the walk.

http://www.chevrolet.com/pop/silverado/2008/duramax_en.jsp

The available Duramax Diesel 6.6L V8 Turbo engine features:

365 horsepower @ 3200 rpm

660 lb.-ft. of torque @ 1600 rpm

Class-leading diesel horsepower and overall torque(1)

B5 biodiesel compatibility

Glow plugs that warm up quickly — by efficiently converting electricity into heat — which help when starting the truck in low temperatures

Common rail fuel injection, a direct-injection system, that utilizes advanced electronics and pilot injection to optimize fuel delivery and help reduce emissions and combustion noise

A variable-geometry "smart" turbocharger, located in the valley between the cylinder heads for a compact design, that features computer-controlled turbine vanes and an air-to-air intercooler

A Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) that helps meet strict diesel emissions standards

The oil cooler keeps the oil temperature more consistent over the entire operating range

Cast-aluminum cylinder heads that feature sintered-steel valve-seat inserts and a four-valve design to help reduce emissions and maximize power

1 Based on 2007 GM Large Pickup segment and latest available competitive information. Excludes other GM vehicles.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Sure buddy, I'm always here if you need anything.

Hopefully they hurry up and give me the dates that I'll be in Singapore and I'll tune that puppy for ya..lol

hahah

i haven bought the truck yet, but i'll bring u down to the dealership and we'll go for a test drive man! hahaha.

do let me know when ur coming down man.. hahaha..

cheers!

Shok Industries

Feel the POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Competition SQ Car install by Dimension Audio Singapore

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=65190

Though I would normally agree with you that Bullydog has some good parts with decent prices, Headshok is actually looking at a Mitsu-L200 in which isn't even sold in the states.

If anyone is aware of any Mitsu diesel upgrade components, I bet he'd appreciate it, unfortunately, I am not aware of any. The only company that I know makes universal upgrades and parts for most diesels is Bosch.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Though I would normally agree with you that Bullydog has some good parts with decent prices, Headshok is actually looking at a Mitsu-L200 in which isn't even sold in the states.

If anyone is aware of any Mitsu diesel upgrade components, I bet he'd appreciate it, unfortunately, I am not aware of any. The only company that I know makes universal upgrades and parts for most diesels is Bosch.

anything is universal with enough to drink. look at the 1989 ford shogun. and my old toyota cavalier conversion

----reference's----

meade916

• 2 months later...

ok so yea there are tons of ways to get a lil more power...for started throw a k&n on there, and get another 10 horses, open up the exhaust and get another 15...simple things will help

on our 05 excursion we have a sct xtreme tune, mbrp 5 inch exhaust, k&n cold air intake and were pushin around 590 horses and 900 lb of torqe...just look around a little, but if you are gonna chip i would go with sct and see what they offer..=D

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon: