voltage drop pretty bad

Ok I have a 91 Nissan 240sx 4cyl (ka24de) 2.4l with I believe a 80amp stock alt.

My setup:

Kenwood flip out indash

Kenwood 1din eq

Kenwood x600f (4ch) amp

2) Kenwood x1200m (mono) amps

All Scorpion X and Rockford 0awg wires

(Big 3 and batt. To batt.)

3 batteries (big wet cell stock battery, hc600 and hc1200 kinetik batterys in trunk)

Amps r connected to a Rockford block (0ga in 3x 4ga out)

I think that should give plenty of info on setup..

now with the car sitting over night and the next day the resting volts (with all 3batts connected on) is 12.6-12.4

Turn car on and volts is 14.3 cold and 14.1-13.9 when car is all warmed up (with all 3batts on)

I switch the breaker I have from front battery(stock) off to the rear batts(kinetiks) the volts read 12.7 off and 14.1 on

Ok wen I'm playing the music at have volume (vol.15) everything is fine wen I go to volume (vol.20) I see just a .01-.02 voltage drop.

Now at my max listening volume 25 (deck max out at 32) my volts drops to at times 12.4 with car on and my car lugs down like crazy with rpm drops from 900rpm to 300-400rpm.

Now from my eq the bass is at 0 when this happens. When I put the volume at 25 and the eq bass setting at -6 the volts read 13.9-13.8

When I go up in setting on eq the volts drop with increase of eq to the bass only.

Is this just too much draw?

Maybe a bad cell in a rear battery?

Not enough wires(power,ground)?

At this moment I took the kinetik batterys out to test them.

Any thoughts???

stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/105505-silvia-first-time-build-kenwood/

stock alternator needs to be replaced with a high output. you may have 80amps right now, but remeber, it uses a portion of that amperage for your whole electrical system in your vehicle. start with the big 3 upgrade, if it helps a lil bit but if not a lot, then get a bigger battery(for a tight pocket, optima yellow top...but for loose pockets, get xs power). and once you upgrade your battery, save up for a high output alternator (mechman or dc power). but dont be surprise to spend almost $1k on just the electricals the right way.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

stock alternator needs to be replaced with a high output. you may have 80amps right now, but remeber, it uses a portion of that amperage for your whole electrical system in your vehicle. start with the big 3 upgrade, if it helps a lil bit but if not a lot, then get a bigger battery(for a tight pocket, optima yellow top...but for loose pockets, get xs power). and once you upgrade your battery, save up for a high output alternator (mechman or dc power). but dont be surprise to spend almost $1k on just the electricals the right way.

He already did big three. I think HO alt since he already has a battery bank.

Ya big 3 all ready done and 2 kinetik batteries in the trunk I thought should be able to hold thos kenwood amps fine Plus having the stock battery up front (only a few months old)

Any loose connection ie. Ring terminals, battery posts?

Make sure none of your positive wires connecting from batt to batt and front to back are getting hot while the car is running.

And a h.o. alt is in need in due time. Youre running 3 batts and all that draw from a single stock 80 amp alt.

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

You cant pull over 2k with a 80 amp alternator no way man. You need a new alt

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

ya no loss connections

everything a month ago was fine same everything and now its craping out...

thats y im thinking it might be a battery..

how do u test a sealed battery? like the kinetik batterys

When your voltage drops whilst playing your system, you're taking all the amps that the alternator can produce. The reason the car stays on (and your system) is because you're running off the battery bank.. when your voltage goes back to normal, the alternator begins charging the batteries. Over time you end up lowering the charge on your batteries and the alternator doesn't get a chance to catch up. .

Edited by CHEVY4X4BLAZER