Second Skin Audio

Kicker SoloX 18 or.... not?

Hifonics

He wants to run 2600 watts, I'm pretty sure it's his best option. And you jumped the gun on your system mate, you should have planned better. I'm just saying he has the sub to make a great system, why are we here suggesting other companies highest powered subwoofers when he already has one the can hang with any! We should start concentrating on how the hell he blew up a BTL on such small power. We should be teaching him how to make a box, how to tune it, how to set his gains and what amp to get. The sub was definitely not the problem in this set up. We should dial in and find the actual problem, not just make a bunch of sub suggestions that will blow up just as easy or easier! That's fucking horrible advice "mate"...

Alright.. I live in Canada. I've been trying to hook up with a club or some shows but most of them are a 4 hr drive from me. So basically you guys are my people!! haha. I totally agree that it was user error and that I need to learn, which is what I have been saying. But the reason why I want 2 15's is because I want something that I can learn safely on. I want the best bang for my buck and the best setup I can possibly get. 2 15's is all the room I have. I am willing to listen and learn. Start teaching!! This is what my amp gains looked like at the time of the blowout. (Installer set it up)

2dm5rvm.jpg

Currently my eq is flat, bass boost is off on the headunit, subwoofer is set to +6 (max). I have two questions:

1. I have "BASS EQ" setting on my amp.. should that be set to 0?

2. I have a "level" knob that connects to the remote connection on the amp. Should I ditch this? The installer cranked the amp gain 100% and is using the remote as the gain. Is this good?

I am willing to learn. I am going to be making a new box for my new build. 6cu. I am waiting for a reply from AQ to see if they ship to Canada. If so, I will most likely be getting 2x 15" AQ HDC3's because they look beast and will give me a good pounding system. But I will be very grateful for any more suggestions/advice/help. I havn't bought anything yet.

(P.S I'm not a kid... I have a $60000 dollar truck man plz don't offend me lol)

He set the gain backwards of how I'd do it. Set the gain with the remote all the way up, not vice-versa. Next turn your bass EQ off.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Hey guys,

Ok so I went out to the truck and did exactly what you guys said. I have a temporary setup which is a 12" Kenwood superwoofer (1000w rms) and it sound like PURE garbage. I have my gains set to where I would play my old BTL and the thing barely moves. (gain on amp is set to 4v and remote gain knob is set to full tilt). I put my "Subwoofer Level" on my deck to 0 as well. The speakers in the doors have more bass (with high pass filter) than my sub does. But when I turn up the "Subwoofer Level" on my deck it seems to kick pretty good. So I am wondering what I should do... I can't even run a single 15 on a 2600 watts RMS amp? Also, my voltage at full tilt is at ~13.5 volts. So that's all fine.

(I don't have the high pass filter on (amp controls it), I was just messing with it when I took the pic)

av3bet.jpg

(Frequency is set to 80hz I was messing with it at the time)

f1e8pj.jpg

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

if you can get yourself a digital multi meter. Im very sure that your subwoofer level on your radio needs to be at or pretty damn close to full level for it to get the 4v preout voltage. Just get a dmm, get the red (+) lead to touch the middle part of the rca (that sticks out the most and goes into the amp before the outer piece) and connect the black (-) of the dmm lead to the outer part of the rca. Set your dmm to 20acv and play a test tone. It shouldnt exceed anything too far over 4v. I have my subwoofer level on max for my radio since thats the only setting where i can get the 4v preout voltage and still no clipping.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

thanks bud, I will do that! But yeah it sounds like it's not even playing when it's at 0. So I'm guessing you're right

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP