Sonic Electronix

I will give this a try , thanks

No problem, let me know how it goes.

Also, here is a picture to help you out with it if you need.

644225.jpg

Not my picture. Have seen it on here before, just found it with a quick google search.

thank you sir..will try it shortly

I tried grounding the RCAs, but still didn't work. Also I noticed if I unplug the RCAs from the amp the whine stops, however if I only unplug the RCAs from the deck the whine gets worse. Could my deck or amp possibly be messed up? Or is there anything else I could try?

There's so many variables that could be causing these problem.

I had this problem for awhile.

Headunit ground?

Change rca?

Battery grounds?

Speakers properly secured/ wires secured?

Power antenna ground?

Fuel pumps could cause this sound coming from the speaker...

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

There's so many variables that could be causing these problem.

I had this problem for awhile.

Headunit ground?

Change rca?

Battery grounds?

Speakers properly secured/ wires secured?

Power antenna ground?

Fuel pumps could cause this sound coming from the speaker...

Yeah it's just so frustrating. I don't believe it's the fuel pump, but I will go back and check these other things when I get home from work

Ground amp off of battery?

Check grounds to body?

Amp ground to body?

Corrosion on posts?

Power wires secured?

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

I tried grounding the RCAs, but still didn't work. Also I noticed if I unplug the RCAs from the amp the whine stops, however if I only unplug the RCAs from the deck the whine gets worse. Could my deck or amp possibly be messed up? Or is there anything else I could try?

If the whine gets WORSE when you unplug the RCAs from the HU, then your HU is completely ruled out as a cause (or at least the only cause, lol, in my battles with alt whine I've always had to fix multiple causes, but take them one at a time). Try running a new pair of RCAs over your seats from HU to amp and perform the same experiments...

Edited by Merzbow

Ground amp off of battery?

Check grounds to body?

Amp ground to body?

Corrosion on posts?

Power wires secured?

All the wires are grounded to my battery under the hood. I ran my power and grounds from under the hood, so I have a good ground and the connections are secure

If the whine gets WORSE when you unplug the RCAs from the HU, then your HU is completely ruled out as a cause (or at least the only cause, lol, in my battles with alt whine I've always had to fix multiple causes, but take them one at a time). Try running a new pair of RCAs over your seats from HU to amp and perform the same experiments...

I will try this. Thanks

GROUND THE HEADUNIT!! and whatever amp you have. my HU is a B**** to ground. Its whines even after 2 GLIs and a added ground. you cant ground using factory ground. that is for a low powered factory head unit. More power = More Ground.

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow