Broken Up(was I Right Or Wrong

well tuesday was our 2 year aniversary and we been arguing over lil stuff for a couple weeks now.but one thing i always told her since we started dating is when i get mad leave me alone to work it out cause when i get mad i say things i dont mean.and she never has not one time in 2 years so i've said alot of shit basically.well she graduates in december and was supposed to move in in january cause she was going to college in august.well smart one decided to join the coast guard.cause she said it'll provide for our family,(when we start one) which means we'll have to wait at least 4 years to have a kid wheile shes in there pretty much,if she even gets it local if not she'll be overseas.and before when she brought it up i said hell no go to college dont even think about that shit.and i told her if she did i didnt know what was gonna happen to us.well we were arguing one day and all of a sudden she tells me the coast guard guy is coming over to talk to her.and genius went ahead and signed the papers. and she said well what the hell if you love me and support me if i get shiped off you can come with me.HA!! im starting my career at $18 an hour plumbing and pipe fitting. in a few months 15 minute drive away why would i leave that.then to top if off i seriously doubt she can pass training.she has no cardio or how you spell it she has barely any motivation. so shit was gonna hit the fan around january anyways.but back to the story.she never leaves me alone about stuff and doesnt know how to drop things.thats the only things i really ever ask for.we're already broken up and i think its for good but im not sure.even if she did pass i cant date someone over seas or in another state.and we're real open about things,she goes thruogh my phone i go through hers.i tell her when i go somewhere she telss me and so forth.and it bugs me if she doesnt tell me something cause after 2 years you get used to that cycle.so i dont know what to do

Edited by thegr8cody

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

Simple

If you want to be with her GROW THE FUCK UP. A job doing plumbing can be found anywhere. As for her getting stationed overseas..........Marry her or don't be with her on that one man. As for her 'signing papers" at the house..........Sorry bro it don't go that way. You gotta go to MEPS overnight to do that shit, so she's not 'obligated'. And she has a point about the military providing for your family. If your love is real you can deal with her working on base, and possibly doing some sea time.

If you don't wanna be with her, stick to your guns. Get your job and stay where you are. Something about your post and lack of desire to be away from where you are says that you have never left home. Like ur in the same area u grew up in. Don't be afraid to leave cause 'she joined the military' or any reason for that matter.

As for her having no 'drive' dude...........they MAKE YOU have drive. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. She can make it if she tries. Hell if my ex can make the Army ur woman can make the CG.

Now for her inability to let you sulk..........Man I been there too........You just gotta tune her out and sit there and think. RELAX and take a breather. Go to a 'happy place' and ignore the bitching for a bit.

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

one of my friends just joined the army a couple weeks ago. has to be gone for 5 or 6 months for basic training. it's just the reserve n all...but he proposed to his girl just before he left. he knew it'd be good for him and knew it's somethin they both needed. pipe fitting/plumbing is nice n all...but if you found this job now, i'm sure you can find it later. especially with military under your belt

I've been married over 10 years now and let me tell you, if you want to be with her and love her, you need to support her. Sounds like if this relationship has any chance of working, ya'll need to learn to talk and compromise. If you want her to support your decisions, you need to do the same with hers.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

well its not just plumbing and pipe fitting there sending me to school and stuff to,but she had the oppurtunity to go to college and she chose the coast guard.i just dont see why.it provides more i guess but everything is gonna be on hault now because of it.and as far as compromise she knew how i felt and didnt even try to talk to me into it

1998 gmc sierra

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

Cause u can STILL do college AND the CG!!!!!! While earning a paycheck AND having a family. WE have LOTS of people doing it!!!!

And dude u gotta be flexable. As for the school for pipe fitting, lemme get this straight, you ain';t got the job yet, its just school and IF you make it then you get the $$$?

Man look at the golden opportunity she can have and you get to ride along.

Grow the fuck up.

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

very touchy subject man, cause everyone has there own views. but i'll start off like this. i'm a man that has been in the Navy for a lil over 9 years ......... been married since June 2001, 3 kids and have been gone out to sea on a ship for over 1 and some change .........hell i've been away from hom since July 23rd and wont make back until Jan 14th of 2008. i have to say though the only thing that sucks is the being away part but at least you know the medical and dental is free and how much money you'd be making, make rank and that's when you make bank. now she should have consulted you before she signed the papers (although like someone else said you can only do that at MEPS, not at a house). but believe me bro it's not that bad, you'll get to see a lot of places and on top of that she can go to college while she's in. you don't want to get down the road and wish you'd of kept your big mouth shut and just rolled with her bro. the military ain't bad, it's what you make of it, support her at it and you'll have more than enough time to do your thang .......... damn sure ain't got to worry about getting laid off. good luck.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

i have only been in the military a little over 2 years i mean plan on getting out it aint hard if u can deal with the deployments then its cake if she only wants to do it for 4 years stick with her man it will be well worth it i mean u shouldnt throw away two years just becasue she joined the military and coast guard at that

Team O.B.M

'97 Tahoe

Build after the new year!!!

Kenwood kdc-x794/16gig android tablet

6 sets of Crescendo ccx65s

2 18s

2 Sundown saz 4500s

2 Sundown sax 100.4

1 Mechman SMD spec 360a

4 XS d1400s

My Feed Back

http://www.stevemead...showtopic=44841

2lc49k5.jpgub

well its not just because she oined there were some other things that escalated into big things.but shes goes to her physical in a few days.then boot camp in january.and there sending me to school 2 nights a week and working 4 10 hour days so its gravy.but im not sure.its a big step for me her and the relationship so im hopin it works for the best we're still talking and everything

1998 gmc sierra

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0