Sundown Audio

Does Size matter???

daniel1204

I Have 3 amps for my 2 subs at the moment and here is the dilemma, I Always planned to run one amp per sub the two matching ones in the photo they are 800w max 400w rms at 2 ohms these amps cannot run 1ohm. those specs are per amp so in total i will have 800w rms the subs are 4 ohm dvc 500w rms each so ideally i would want 1000w rms. And the little amp is apparently according to the specs 1000w rms at 1 ohm so this is so much better and more compact why is it so small or are the others big according to their power output????? the small amp has no onboard fuses but has 4 guage power and earth and 8 guage remote and speaker wire the others have 8 guage power and earth and like 10 or 12 everything else so this is some indication.

AmpsTogether.jpg

I Am Never Wrong, Just Often Mistaken......

Looks like 2-a/b class amps and a d-class mono.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

D is more efficient so it is possible for it to be true 1000w rms?

Yeah it has Class-D Linkable monoblock 1x1000wrms on the little amp is that good for me??

D is more efficient so it is possible for it to be true 1000w rms?

Yeah it has Class-D Linkable monoblock 1x1000wrms on the little amp is that good for me??

Anyone??

so you're putting 3 amps on 2 subs and not all 3 amps are the same?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

if its 1000 rms @ 1 ohm... i think youll be fine. Still stock electrical?

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

If you are asking if the size of the case matters, no it does not.

I'd be on point with Ray. Also, just to give a generic idea, if your amplifier does not come with onboard fuses and needs to be fused externally, there is a good chance that it will do a good amount of power. Generally you may see amplifiers internally fused up to around 1500ish watts. Again, stated generally.

Go with the "1000 watt" Class-D mono-block. I would definitely trust it to do rated over the other two. Now you won't have to gain-match two separate amplifiers.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

If you are asking if the size of the case matters, no it does not.

I'd be on point with Ray. Also, just to give a generic idea, if your amplifier does not come with onboard fuses and needs to be fused externally, there is a good chance that it will do a good amount of power. Generally you may see amplifiers internally fused up to around 1500ish watts. Again, stated generally.

Go with the "1000 watt" Class-D mono-block. I would definitely trust it to do rated over the other two. Now you won't have to gain-match two separate amplifiers.

Yeah sounds like a plan I am going to upgrade the electrical so I can get at least 14.4v and yeah, and as for the 3 Amps I was going to use either the 2 bigger ones one for each sub or the smaller one alone so I'm happy cause I was curious thanks everyone :)

Archived