03 Jetta 1.8T Sundown Audio!!

Good start rook!!

I miss my matt that you cut up. I used to lay down on it at the comps on the back of the Avy. So comfy... Ha!!

I figured that was the mat that he was cutting up. That thing was comfy.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

nice and clean :D haha, yeah i hated doing work on my passat, have fun trying to sound deaden the inside of the doors and your trunk lid. The locking mechanisms in the trunk ae the most annoying thing to make quiet. I used hushmat for stuffed under the metal a bunch of foam, but too much foam and it doesnt work, and not enough and it still sounds like shit, so its all up to your imagination. Pm me if u need any help with anything.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the feedback :D

Holiday season is over so I finally had time to build my box. It will be ~5ft^3 tuned to 35hz.

I bought some "Ultra light" MDF from a lumber yard by my house. They said it's as dense as regular MDF with half the weight. So I'm curious to see the outcome of it.

44fd230e.jpg

50f98433.jpg

a93dd518.jpg

I predrilled pilot holes so I didn't crack the wood. It helps a good amount too!

d92a0cec.jpg

626717d0.jpg

6a90953d.jpg

75f09d37.jpg

Starting to take shape now. I decided to double baffle the back wall since I will be mounting my amp on there. I will probably put some rubber pads under it too just for extra protection but hopefully this will help.

6f62365e.jpg

8556db38.jpg

1895ae22.jpg

08ae047e.jpg

And this is where I am left off at. I still need to cut out the subwoofer holes (which will be done today hopefully) and then make the box look pretty. Plus a bunch of other things too haha

Slowly, but surely it will be done :lol:

Team Bass-Hz

Awesome build so far, great looking v dub also!

You just need a Euro plate now.

And let me tell you, you can put a MASSIVE alt in this vehicle for being such a small engine.

Looking forward to more pics.

2005 VW GTI 1.8T

(4) Fi BTL N2 15s/ 4th order bandpass

(2) Crescendo BC5500s

Crescendo c1000.4

(4) Selenium 6w4p (Q logic Kicks)

Crescendo FT1 tweeters

3 runs of 4/0

Too much 1/0

DC power Engineering 320 XP ~235A at idle

3 XS D3100s

Archived