Second Skin Audio

some support with box?

KenC210

2 AQ 15's? sounds interesting. i'd love to do a design for this one.

check out my facebook page if you would like more info!

Let me know! :drinks:

may consider it if i cant get this right... but jus so you know i may only have a 38" width to work with unless i can relocate the battery

Figure half a cube for bracing and those 15's should displace around .18 cubes per sub. You can find the exact specs on their website I would think.

Edit-if I were you, I'd try changing the port with from 2.5 inches to maybe 4" and see if that gets your port area up. It'll eat into your volume, but will get you more port area and change tuning.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Figure half a cube for bracing and those 15's should displace around .18 cubes per sub. You can find the exact specs on their website I would think.

Edit-if I were you, I'd try changing the port with from 2.5 inches to maybe 4" and see if that gets your port area up. It'll eat into your volume, but will get you more port area and change tuning.

if i increase the port to 4" should i change the dimensions of the box to get a higher volume? or should i stay around the same as i got and just change the port

If you wanted the same net volume, then yes change the outer dimensions of the box to a little larger. Just play around with different port widths till you satisfy the port area per square foot, and desired tuning frequency.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

So what would be a good design to start with then i may change the design... subs up or back with port back? or which would be loudest. Would it be better to have each sub im its own box since i am running to amps? bot kicker zx1000.1 and not strap capable.

also would like to make part of it with plexiglass... how owuld that work? and with lights inside the box that go with the bass notes only. any ideas of how to do this?

i've been curious about how to properly do this myself. back when i was running a couple jl 12's on 500 watts i read somewhere that you could just hook the leads from the LED strips directly into the speaker terminals.

it worked just fine for me surprisingly, but when i doubled the power i blew the srip. later once i learned how much of a dumbass i was, i realized i was lucky i didn't blow my amp up in the process.

as for plexiglass, i think you could just screw on a little window on the inside and outside, but i'm curious to see how others did it. try not to use regular plexiglass either. use something a little stronger. i think the stuff was called lexan, but i'm not entirely sure.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived