Skar 12s flexin on Cresendo 2k!

well all mono amps are internally bridged (except dual mono) designs..that said, you only put a 1ohm load on the amp. d2 parallelled is 1ohm, it doesnt "paralell" at the amp again because its internally bridged tho... and those amps do over 1500w at 1ohm, so Im not surprised at all that it blew it. These are 600w subs, and anytime you are talking about 2.5x rated power and it blows, its not a surprise. And since music is dynamic, rise shouldnt be counted upon to make it "safe" to over power a sub... I will always over power subs, and will do it in a considerate fashion, but if I ever smoke 1 I will not be upset at all because I know I abused the equipment. And Skar recones are cheap :)

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

well all mono amps are internally bridged (except dual mono) designs..that said, you only put a 1ohm load on the amp. d2 parallelled is 1ohm, it doesnt "paralell" at the amp again because its internally bridged tho... and those amps do over 1500w at 1ohm, so Im not surprised at all that it blew it. These are 600w subs, and anytime you are talking about 2.5x rated power and it blows, its not a surprise. And since music is dynamic, rise shouldnt be counted upon to make it "safe" to over power a sub... I will always over power subs, and will do it in a considerate fashion, but if I ever smoke 1 I will not be upset at all because I know I abused the equipment. And Skar recones are cheap :)

Oh well then.

I wanted to see what power handling it could handle and I guess I gave it to much. Really? They sell recones, you must have to ask kevin directly then because their not on the website.

Anything more then 600w daily is too much power when the system isnt adequately safe guarded against abuse. I have had no problem with the 5k on mine, but every build is different

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

whats the difference between these and the sundown sa..im so confused on what subs to get..there both great subs..i have a audioque 1200d my box right now is 1.8 per chamber tuned to 38hz with 3.75 slot port..but if i upgrade my box it will be 3.7cu feet tuned to 34hz with 6inc areoport

i just want a sub that get very loud and can take abuse and get low

whats the difference between these and the sundown sa..im so confused on what subs to get..there both great subs..i have a audioque 1200d my box right now is 1.8 per chamber tuned to 38hz with 3.75 slot port..but if i upgrade my box it will be 3.7cu feet tuned to 34hz with 6inc areoport

i just want a sub that get very loud and can take abuse and get low

sundown's will shit on these subs....his saturn's weak

Team Flex Issues

get out of here ^ your just made that my car plays lower then your truck with 2x the cone area and 2x the power..lol

as far as skar and sa line, they are actually pretty different. I really hate to generalize, but if you would rather be louder below 40hz then go Skar. If you wanna be louder above 40hz then go sundown. I have ran both in my car, and even did a drop in from a single sa12 to a vvx12. In my case the vvx metered 1db louder then the sa. I think thats somewhat atypical tho. In a aero port box tuned at 37hz these were my impressions. In the same box on about 2k each

SA12- would play down to about 34, would peak around 43/44 and was LOUD from about 40-50hz. Best score was 141.2 on music @43hz

VVX- would play down to about 30, peaked at 41, and was loud from LOUD from about 36/37-45. For some reason, the skar seemed to slope off quicker on the high end. Best score was 142.2 @41hz on music

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

Anything more then 600w daily is too much power when the system isnt adequately safe guarded against abuse. I have had no problem with the 5k on mine, but every build is different

You ever put up that 5k video yet?

I need to make some people believe. They keep saying skar subs will blow before you get to that point.

You ever put up that 5k video yet?

I need to make some people believe. They keep saying skar subs will blow before you get to that point.

X2

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

No vid, and i actually gave the 5k back to my teammate because it wasnt mine..but Anton Miller has vids of his skars on a saz3500d at .5, it did like 148 from the trunk on 2 vvx 12s

Edited by kr15

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God