Sonic Electronix

4.5 cubic feet and 11.6 sq in of port to 27hz or 14.5 sq in tuned to 29 hz.

Could I get away with the smallish port by doing roundovers on it since I'm only running 1400 watts to a single 15 or should I give it more port? I would like to have it tuned low so I could use it for mild HT use, but I don't want chuffing

Could I get away with the smallish port by doing roundovers on it since I'm only running 1400 watts to a single 15 or should I give it more port? I would like to have it tuned low so I could use it for mild HT use, but I don't want chuffing

what sub? My 15's in the HT are in 10cubes each with a single 8" sono for a port. No chuffing at all, tuned to 19Hz, but only 400watts per sub.

what sub? My 15's in the HT are in 10cubes each with a single 8" sono for a port. No chuffing at all, tuned to 19Hz, but only 400watts per sub.

I am using a power acoustik mofo 154x

I should also add that I would be using a slot port with huge roundovers

Didn't even notice you said ht. Why the space restriction then? Tune that bish to 23

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Ideally you want 12-16 sq in of port per ft3 if you use a round port I believe it's 8-12 sq in per ft3

that's not ideally, that's a general rule of thumb. you may need more port, or you may need less port. all just depends.

OP...if you're going to do less port, try to keep the port as square as possible to help avoid port noise

Archived